News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

OR, could it be we have the makings of a deal with North to trade up to pick 2 from pick 4 for say Draper and we need an F2 to do that?, understanding that if Draper is not what North are seeking and they are happy with any of Smith FOS or Lalor, they get an F2 for free essentially.
cant see north slipping back anywhere past 4 because melb would take tauru if given half a chance

cant see north slipping back anywhere past 4 because melb would take tauru if given half a chance
no, but my suggestion was

Crows get pick 2
North get pick 4 and crows F2

So North stay inside the top 4 IF they are not overly fussed who they get in that group AND they get a free future 2nd in my scenario for it. If they wee to trade back further, then real risks set in on which player they can get.

Crows get pick 2

So North stay inside the top 4 IF they are not overly fussed who they get in that group AND they get a free future 2nd in my scenario for it. If they wee to trade back further, then real risks set in on which player they can get.
Both clubs would want to be sure of who Carlton want at 3

I guess this gets done tomorrow then? Would be good to have some sort of line of sight from the club on this, haven’t heard from anyone since last Monday.

I guess this gets done tomorrow then? Would be good to have some sort of line of sight from the club on this, haven’t heard from anyone since last Monday.

Has all the hallmarks of a deal GWS doesn't care about.

It'll get done in the last hour.

They should be embarrassed having rolled so quickly on ANB and leaving everything extra they needed for Peatling on the table. I normally rate Reid highly at this time of year, but there was no reason not to walk away from the ANB deal, knowing Melbourne would have to return to the table at some point.

Crows get pick 2

yeh thats ok if lalor was still there at 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No but there’s nearly a 50% chance of our our two is involved.
FFS... surely a private party is not a suspendsble offence.

It started as a private party - but several players headed into the CBD after the party

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So did they behave any worse than Stangle?

Need to be seriously bringing the AFL into disrepute to warrant any suspension.

The fact we haven't even heard about this before now & if just distasteful doesn't warrant anything except a fine at worse... otherwise opens up a huge can of worms for suspending players for what they do in private.

Bloody ridiculous imo.

They should be embarrassed having rolled so quickly on ANB and leaving everything extra they needed for Peatling on the table. I normally rate Reid highly at this time of year, but there was no reason not to walk away from the ANB deal, knowing Melbourne would have to return to the table at some point.

My guess is the club had to gurantee we would get the ANB deal done quickly as part of him nominating us. Not so much that Melbourne were fairly compensated, just that it wasn't talked about on Trade Radio for weeks which I guess is the same thing.

My guess is the club had to gurantee we would get the ANB deal done quickly as part of him nominating us. Not so much that Melbourne were fairly compensated, just that it wasn't talked about on Trade Radio for weeks which I guess is the same thing.
The Melbourne bloke said we agreed to it weeks ago.

So did they behave any worse than Stangle?

Need to be seriously bringing the AFL into disrepute to warrant any suspension.

The fact we haven't even heard about this before now & if just distasteful doesn't warrant anything except a fine at worse... otherwise opens up a huge can of worms for suspending players for what they do in private.

Bloody ridiculous imo.

I don’t disagree mate

Players have been cleared of no legal wrong-doing

But I’ve said this during the year - unfortunately our game is now ran by two ex lawyers in Andrew Dillon and Laura Keane

It’s now all risk adverse

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News James Peatling chooses Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back