Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez with the proposed Rioli deal, Richmond are going to have a mega draft hand. Pressure on them to not **** it up!

Starting up a GoFundMe page to rehire Greg Miller at Richmond... (he of Tambling over Buddy and Fiora over Pavlich infamy)

Ben Silvagni just tweeted what a dickhead Jon Ralph is and how his Dad is the best sports journo !!
I remember years ago, in BSOS' draft year, one of his Facebook posts had a reply from Sam McClure on it - just friendly banter iirc, and Bens response was "I remember my first accurate story"

He's never been shy of sharing his opinion - even though your post is a joke it just made me think back to that lol.

I don't want to trade Kemp. I see a lot of upside yet
I don't want to trade Kemp either, but at this point most of his value is in his potential upside rather than what has proven on the field (so far).

If BSOS put as much effort into his footy as he does sharing angry opinions and being a smartass he might be playing AFL alongside his brother.

It’s absolute madness that Austin has let this kemp talk to fester given our lack of KPD depth.
Just shows how he is rated internally.

Remember this is the same Kemp that missed the prelim team, and played vfl this year.

It also shows that there is a commitment between Kemp and his management and st kilda for this to come out now.

If BSOS put as much effort into his footy as he does sharing angry opinions and being a smartass he might be playing AFL alongside his brother.

If ony. You could have changed your username to Silvagni2Silvagni ;)

reckon if brodie hadn't been slated as playing forward edit: next year (if reports are correct) he might be keener on pulling the trigger to play at the saints. watch the highlights of his game vs west coast, the guy is grinning ear to ear. compared to copping a spray from loose mcgovern or first choice of who to play on weitering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find the idea that we've mismanaged Kemp to be odd, and his value is being inflated a bit. He played defender as a junior, spent a bit of time on ball and forward, but was mainly a defender. We've played him primarily in his primary position. Just because his form has gone up and down doesn't mean we've mismanaged him.

He's been an ok 3rd tall defender, not strong enough to play proper KPP despite being KPP size, but athletic enough to play 3rd/loose. Has really good, and really bad, moments. He's spent 5 minutes up forward and looked good against the worst team in 20 yrs, ok against a bottom 8 side without any real impact, and poor against a good team in finals.

I'd rather not trade him personally, and I'd like to see him up forward after an off-season there, but his value is about a 2nd round pick. They aren't lowballing us with 27-32, it's about what we'd expect to pay if the shoe was on the other foot chasing an up and down, 23 yr old third tall.
It's only odd if you think all defenders play the same role.
He was drafted as a medium defender with some ability to intercept & attack (see: Hodge/Doc), yet has been asked to play as a KPD, he's struggled on occasion and people have used that as justification for him having failed as a defender.
By misusing him, it hasn't played him to his strengths & also impacts his value if we did look to recoup some assets for him via trade.

I don't want to trade Kemp either, but at this point most of his value is in his potential upside rather than what has proven on the field (so far).
To be fair, I dont think he can't be judged (negatively) on this & last year's body of work really, because he's had to carry the load as a 2nd KPD a lot of the time, and hasn't had a lot of support outside of Newy & Weiters.

I think with a bit more support in Defense, or as a 3rd Tall forward, we'll see him really shine.

By the time both of their careers are finished, Ben’s sister will have played as many AFLW games as Ben will have played AFL games.

By the time both of their careers are finished, Ben’s sister will have played as many AFLW games as Ben will have played AFL games.

Harsh.

But hilarious.

It’s absolute madness that Austin has let this kemp talk to fester given our lack of KPD depth.
Two things;

Austin hasn’t let it Fester. It started yesterday. Either the saints come up with a too good to refuse offer or he stays. By tonight we'll know which of those apply.

If this year has taught us anything it is that Kemp is not a key position player. Never will be. He's an excellent mark but just cannot body players or be bodied himself in contests. There's roles for him on the field but it's not as a key position defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back