List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, doesn't really help. We need a Whitlock, Hannaford, Shanahan or Trainor jump. Possibly two of those names
given the surplus of picks richmond has hopefully they reach for a tall of their choice at 11

Been looking through the draft boards. 14 with whatever it ends up does seem just out of reach of the names I was most keen on. Would need someone to jump for Berry, Lindsay or Travaglia to be there and Reid is obviously a pipe dream.

As I have no interest in anyone over 192cm tall, seems like a Hannaford, Gross, Allan or Hotton
If we rate Berry as an exceptional taken who fills a need we should have our pick 30 on the table in live trading with our first pick.I say that only if we rate him as an exceptional talent. Someone on the Rookie Me Central Facebook page said we are heavily into Harry Oliver who a 181cm defender with elite foot skills. It makes more sense then I first looked into him. He's 181cm but he has a massive leap and is fantastic overhead. His intercept marking is elite and he plays on when he marks With a few years development he could potentially be the Ryan replacement. His leap is massive.

If we rate Berry as an exceptional taken who fills a need we should have our pick 30 on the table in live trading with our first pick.I say that only if we rate him as an exceptional talent. Someone on the Rookie Me Central Facebook page said we are heavily into Harry Oliver who a 181cm defender with elite foot skills. It makes more sense then I first looked into him. He's 181cm but he has a massive leap and is fantastic overhead. His intercept marking is elite and he plays on when he marks With a few years development he could potentially be the Ryan replacement. His leap is massive.

Actually a name I saw and didnt twice about. I'm happy with a HBFer, we could actually use a decent one coming through. Now I'll need to watch 10 videos and declare me an expert on him

Actually a name I saw and didnt twice about. I'm happy with a HBFer, we could actually use a decent one coming through. Now I'll need to watch 10 videos and declare me an expert on him
You know our list is in great shape when everyone wants to draft a HBF.

Would be gold if he lasted till our 30 pick
Been rated around that part of the draft on most mocks so not out of the question

Funnily enough if we can fill the forward spots as well HBF/medium defender is actually shaping up to be a bit of a need for us. Who would have thought after all the skinny HBF years.

This is Oliver from Herald Sun rankings. I'd prefer we stick with small/medium forwards for our first 2 picks, but wouldn't surprise me if we were into this kid, and sounds like he is right in the mix to be there at whatever 30 becomes.

1729052677443.png

I rechecked Cal's rankings, we would have access to Berry or Lindsay under his rankings so I suppose they arent completely out of the running...
IMO the best material I've seen is The Age's top 30 from Marc McGowan. He reportedly based it mainly off industry sources from 12 of 18 clubs. Has good info on percepted draft ranges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO the best material I've seen is The Age's top 30 from Marc McGowan. He reportedly based it mainly off industry sources from 12 of 18 clubs. Has good info on percepted draft ranges

Another one with Reid really far down. Maybe 14 does just keep us in the frame for one the names I'm most keen on.

Another one with Reid really far down. Maybe 14 does just keep us in the frame for one the names I'm most keen on.
Yeah interesting what they said. "However, most recruiters who spoke to this masthead rated him in this range of the draft because of his lack of height and leg speed. They believe he is more likely to make his AFL living mostly as a forward rather than a midfielder." Being thought of as more a forward at AFL level definitely wouldn't turn us off you'd think. Being Vic Metro especially you never know if he's against coming to WA or open to it

Hannaford has come in a lot.

I think he is in the range for our first pick.
Joe Berry is an obvious favourite.
I like Hotton, who will play longterm as a goal kicking mid. I think he could start forward, but does not fill a real need.

Lindsay is 5th, so unlikely for us.

I expect Twoney's rankings will change a lot when a new version comes out.

1. Ashcroft
2. Langford
3. Lalor
4. O'Sullivan
5. Draper
6. Smith
7. Lombard
8. Kako
9. Tauru
10. Smillie
11. Lindsay
12. Reid
13. Armstrong
14. Travaglia
15. Allan
16. Berry
17. Fremantle

I'd say we are outside the top two bands of talent now. I'd suggest waiting for draft night and splitting the pick if our targets are gone.

Players I'd be targetting:
Jesse Dattoli - small forward
Harrison Oliver - small defender
Oliver Hannaford - small forward or defender
Malakai Champion bid - small forward
Hamish Davis - medium forward
Angus Clarke - medium defender
Jasper Alger - small forward

Hannaford has come in a lot.

I think he is in the range for our first pick.
Joe Berry is an obvious favourite.
I like Hotton, who will play longterm as a goal kicking mid. I think he could start forward, but does not fill a real need.

Lindsay is 5th, so unlikely for us.

I expect Twoney's rankings will change a lot when a new version comes out.
It wouldnt surprise me if we have Hannaford ranked higher. I'm certain some clubs would have

Stephen Silvagni could do the funniest thing in AFL draft history and pick Malakai Champion with pick 8 ala Liam Henry, forcing the Weags to use pick 12 on him 🤣 🙏

1. Ashcroft
2. Langford
3. Lalor
4. O'Sullivan
5. Draper
6. Smith
7. Lombard
8. Kako
9. Tauru
10. Smillie
11. Lindsay
12. Reid
13. Armstrong
14. Travaglia
15. Allan
16. Berry
17. Fremantle

I'd say we are outside the top two bands of talent now. I'd suggest waiting for draft night and splitting the pick if our targets are gone.

Players I'd be looking targetting:
Jesse Dattoli - small forward
Harrison Oliver - small defender
Oliver Hannaford - small forward or defender
Malakai Champion bid - small forward
Hamish Davis - medium forward
Angus Clarke - medium defender
Jasper Alger - small forward
Yeah the more I look the more my original thought was right, at least one of Trainor, Hotton (ACL and Metro is a no from me) and Shanahan to go before our pick. Two of them would be even nicer and between that and some random bolter I think it's a pretty good chance of happening

This is Oliver from Herald Sun rankings. I'd prefer we stick with small/medium forwards for our first 2 picks, but wouldn't surprise me if we were into this kid, and sounds like he is right in the mix to be there at whatever 30 becomes.

View attachment 2144121

I think he was the one I looked at his vids and he LOOKS pretty with the ball, but you follow the ball and he wasn’t hitting targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back