Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Tom Barrass!

Remove this Banner Ad

You're missing Amon.

Sicily, Weddle, Dimma can all go forward or up the ground with Battle and Barrass on board.
I think just as importantly we have the depth down back now to not be playing guys if they're carrying a niggle. I reckon we'll end up staggering a few and if one of them has a corkie, tight hammy etc then selection will nurse them through it. The end game is to get them to finals as fit as they can be.

As much as Barrass and Battle are very good players in their own right who else is getting excited at the possibility of playing both Scrimmers and Sicily as free roaming half back flankers?

The damage those two could do in that role in tandem would be pretty amazing if it worked.
Yep, there is way, way more to these additions than their obvious individual talents and abilities. The positive ripple effect across the team is potentially extraordinary.

The short-sighted nuffs on here don't seem to realise this, blinded by their own misguided anguish and perceptions of unfairness...

You're missing Amon.

Sicily, Weddle, Dimma can all go forward or up the ground with Battle and Barrass on board.
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Battle play in our forward line. New club, new role. Why not?

The flexibility we now have to play Weddle / Sicily / Battle in the front half when it suits should help address our KPF issues.

The amount of flexibility we have is actually insane. Amon, Impey, Sicily, Hardwick, Battle, Weddle can all be moved around if needed while also being fun defenders.

Barrass to be the anchor who is the constant.

How many days until round 1?

If we finish higher than Carlton we've essentially paid for Barass by upgrading our future 1st and 2nd picks. What a win.

Then MM had to add his classic calling card - a future fourth back to us.

Barass gives this side insane flexibility. Sicily, Dear, Lewis as our 3 talls makes for a very interesting forward line. Roll Hardwick,battle and sicily around in the game with Barass as the central defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just after McKay chose the Bombers, Barrass was the one I hoped we'd be able to target, given he was rumoured to be talking to Swans last year and potentially the best full back available. It has worked out unbelievably well to get Barrass AND Battle. Suddenly 'missing' on McKay seems a stroke of luck, given there is no way we'd trade places now and go back and still take McKay. Our recruiting team held firm, and to still hold a F1 and F2 is great work, as well as not giving up our second round pick. I thought given we received our current second for the Ryan trade that we might have thought it expendable if needed, but no we have looked after our assets despite ridiculous attempts from the media to set the price higher. Not only are our key position stocks massively bolstered, the flow on effect on our elite flankers will be significant in being able to play them in attacking positions.

Please treat him well!

An excellent player, love watching his work in the air, and a very interesting and intelligent guy to boot.

All the best, I'd love to see Tom play in another flag before his time comes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Tom Barrass!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back