Oppo Camp John Noble (Traded to GCS 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I love Johnny Noble as much as the next Pies fan, but does anyone feel like his decision to leave Collingwood because he missed out on a premiership medal, to go to the Gold Coast, where they're going to have to defy the odds to even play finals for the first time ever, is a bit of a questionable motivation?

Seems like the long term, handy contract is probably a bigger factor.

Look, I love Johnny Noble as much as the next Pies fan, but does anyone feel like his decision to leave Collingwood because he missed out on a premiership medal, to go to the Gold Coast, where they're going to have to defy the odds to even play finals for the first time ever, is a bit of a questionable motivation?

Isn't his twin up there too?

Isn't his twin up there too?
His twin brother and his father, who's the CEO of Shell V-Power Racing Team based in Gold Coast.

It's pretty obvious there was a lot of draws for him up there that have nothing to do with the premiership situation. Seems like he was probably led into that a little by the journos.

Bit like Adams but with better Attitude

Don't blame him at all seeing his Options and Suns saw a Chance

We turned that part into Houston which is a Big Upgrade in that Postion

Nah I get it

He missed out on a flag only to watch the weasel Ginnivan win one and then immediately leave

He hung around in case we had another shot and we didn't. I don't begrudge him leaving at all under the circumstances.

Nah I get it

He missed out on a flag only to watch the weasel Ginnivan win one and then immediately leave

He hung around in case we had another shot and we didn't. I don't begrudge him leaving at all under the circumstances.
I don't begrudge him at all - You do you, Johnny, go live your best life and bathe in 50+ SPF every morning.

But I don't really buy that if he had aspirations of actually winning a premiership medal for himself, that his destination was Gold Coast.

"I was devastated by that situation and never got over it emotionally no matter how hard I tried, so had to leave to anywhere that I could get to just to get out of the place" is honestly probably closer to the truth.

I don't begrudge him at all - You do you, Johnny, go live your best life and bathe in 50+ SPF every morning.

But I don't really buy that if he had aspirations of actually winning a premiership medal for himself, that his destination was Gold Coast.

"I was devastated by that situation and never got over it emotionally no matter how hard I tried, so had to leave to anywhere that I could get to just to get out of the place" is honestly probably closer to the truth.

Oh 100%

I don't think he's gone up there for success

He's gone up there to completely get away from the footy bubble, enjoy the sunshine and be near all his family

Listened to an interview with Noble this morning and discussions between his manager and the Suns began mid season.

To learn that is a bit disappointing.

Nobles mentioned he was completely focused until we couldn't make finals (ie until after melbs game).

But he also mentioned he took more of an interest in the Suns and watching their games etc. So it sounds like his mind was made up a long way out imo.

Listened to an interview with Noble this morning and discussions between his manager and the Suns began mid season.

Nobles mentioned he was completely focused until we couldn't make finals (ie until after melbs game).

But he also mentioned he took more of an interest in the Suns and watching their games etc. So it sounds like his mind was made up a long way out imo.
This is just how these things are done. I feel like we need to normalise the idea that a player can have decided to leave but still do his job of playing for their current team until their obligations are extinguished.

You're just not going to have a deal come together at the very last second, especially when it involves moving states and multi-million dollar contracts.

He left a year later than he could have, after the disappointment of being left out of the GF team.
He hung around this year to give things another try. You have to give him credit for that. His game against the Lions in round 23 this year was probably his best ever game. I think he really wanted to show the powers that be, what he could have done against the Lions at the MCG, on that last Saturday in September.

He left a year later than he could have, after the disappointment of being left out of the GF team.
He hung around this year to give things another try. You have to give him credit for that. His game against the Lions in round 23 this year was probably his best ever game. I think he really wanted to show the powers that be, what he could have done against the Lions at the MCG, on that last Saturday in September.

Ginni having a Premiership medal and Noble not will always be a thorn in the side for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginni having a Premiership medal and Noble not will always be a thorn in the side for me
I know what you mean. Unfortunately that’s the way it is. I would have liked Josh Fraser to have one, (not sure at whose expense) and I’d have loved for Ronnie McKeown to have one too.

Yeah discussions happen all the time.
Bailey Smith was going to Geelong at least 18 months ago.

Gold Coast are building a very solid team. They will be close to finals in 2025.

Is there any Collingwood player supporters would begrudge or not cheer out the door if they saw greener pastures elsewhere? This magnanimous attitude is very 2020's. I loved Johnny but this endless whining from his fans about his poor treatment in being dumped for the finals is genuinely insane. Markov was playing the better football at the pointy end of the season and sadly Johnny's timing was very poor. We won the bloody flag. Ginnivan playing had nothing to do with Noble not playing.

Ronnie Mckeown was told 30 minutes before the team ran out for the grand final that he had just been cut from the final squad. He had played very well all year up to an including the finals preceding the GF. To this day he has copped it on the chin and never had a bad word to say about Leigh Matthews or the club.

Of course, you would be devastated. But the comments from some about Noble's horrible mistreatment is kid's stuff. Horrible treatment? It's a multi-billion dollar professional football league. Do you think the NFL coaches or managers in England don't make ruthless decisions every week if they think it will improve their football team? They'd be laughing at the carry on about one player's feelings.

The last page or two ITT are peak Big Footy

JFN who was clearly hard done by in 2023 and asked to leave last year but was told to sit tight till this year opens up about the pain it caused him in detail but Vinnie Vegas here is telling us he's talking shit.....

Gold Coast are building a very solid team. They will be close to finals in 2025.

Is there any Collingwood player supporters would begrudge or not cheer out the door if they saw greener pastures elsewhere? This magnanimous attitude is very 2020's. I loved Johnny but this endless whining from his fans about his poor treatment in being dumped for the finals is genuinely insane. Markov was playing the better football at the pointy end of the season and sadly Johnny's timing was very poor. We won the bloody flag. Ginnivan playing had nothing to do with Noble not playing.

Ronnie Mckeown was told 30 minutes before the team ran out for the grand final that he had just been cut from the final squad. He had played very well all year up to an including the finals preceding the GF. To this day he has copped it on the chin and never had a bad word to say about Leigh Matthews or the club.

Of course, you would be devastated. But the comments from some about Noble's horrible mistreatment is kid's stuff. Horrible treatment? It's a multi-billion dollar professional football league. Do you think the NFL coaches or managers in England don't make ruthless decisions every week if they think it will improve their football team? They'd be laughing at the carry on about one player's feelings.

Domie, I hope that you can have a word to the whining daniel ricciardo fans. I've been seeing countless articles about their whining about him being dropped for his inability to drive fast....when he was being paid 20 odd million a year to drive fast and he wasnt doing it ....and still they whine.

I make a fool of myself just fine without offspring. I would be too unstoppable with that added layer

well when offspring are involved, it's no longer a question of choice. I'd probably be backing freo full-time if the pies dumped my offspring. Of course, he's a past GM of footy at bris too....which might have swayed his stupidity too

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp John Noble (Traded to GCS 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back