List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to bundle at least 2 picks to get early enough to get the tall we want
we need to have a team picking in the mid to low 20's have the draft fall their way . Meaning they see multiple players they like on their draft board slipping down the order, to the point where they feel it is more valuable to slide down and pick multiple players rather than staying in their spot.

Tom Sims sims to be what we aree looking for maybe? Could we get him at 43, which may blow out to somewhere around one of our picks.
Potentially. He’s projected around that range at the moment.

we need to have a team picking in the mid to low 20's have the draft fall their way . Meaning they see multiple players they like on their draft board slipping down the order, to the point where they feel it is more valuable to slide down and pick multiple players rather than staying in their spot.
No club is going to be able to project players they want sliding 20+ picks. Stop with this nonsense.

More generally, we go through kids' names phases.
For example, if you meet a woman called Rhiannon, you could pretty much guess her age.
My daughters name is Evie and every second girl in the 8-12 age bracket is also named Evie, including her best friend 😂

My daughters name is Evie and every second girl in the 8-12 age bracket is also named Evie, including her best friend 😂
My mum tells me Jennifer and Samantha were popular names in the early 80's when my sister and I were born. Michael my brother. I don't think my parents were very creative at the time.
My brother though, he and his partner has named their kids quite different names (Echo. Lyrix. Islo)

My mum tells me Jennifer and Samantha were popular names in the early 80's when my sister and I were born. Michael my brother. I don't think my parents were very creative at the time.
My brother though, he and his partner has named their kids quite different names (Echo. Lyrix. Islo)
Karen was about the most popular girls name in the 50's and 60's. Its pretty much extinct now:)

No club is going to be able to project players they want sliding 20+ picks. Stop with this nonsense.
It has happened many times in previous drafts. Just look it up, I know we disagree on a lot of things.Just look things up before you use your ignorance to just brandish it as nonsense.

In 2023 afl draft, st Kilda made a live trade with gold coast,
St kilda got - pick 27
GC got - pick 40 and 42

so this is a clear possibility for collingwood, especially once our picks come into the 40's. Anyone who rubbishes such a possibility can read it and weep.

Unless I was matching points wrong, getting discounts wrong or getting anything else wrong, the theory that our picks will "come in with bids" appears to be a bit of a myth.

Other than trading up - say packaging 3 picks into 2, or 2 into 1 - or bids coming earlier than expected... I did a very quick phantom today (not taking into account tema list needs etc) and we ended up selecting at 51 and 54.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has happened many times in previous drafts. Just look it up, I know we disagree on a lot of things.Just look things up before you use your ignorance to just brandish it as nonsense.
No, you’re the one claiming it happens, burden of proof is on you to show the clubs trading back 20+ picks that aren’t doing it for points.

St kilda got - pick 27
GC got - pick 40 and 42

so this is a clear possibility for collingwood, especially once our picks come into the 40's. Anyone who rubbishes such a possibility can read it and weep.
It depends, that kind of thing can happen if its with a club that needs points.
St kilda got collard with that pick, who we were linked to. But there was questions whether he was a flight risk
Suns needed the picks to match a bid for Graham. who the crows bid on at pick 26

I remember hoping suns wouldn't match, if we made a bid for him, as we had been rumoured to.

Unless I was matching points wrong, getting discounts wrong or getting anything else wrong, the theory that our picks will "come in with bids" appears to be a bit of a myth.

Other than trading up - say packaging 3 picks into 2, or 2 into 1 - or bids coming earlier than expected... I did a very quick phantom today (not taking into account tema list needs etc) and we ended up selecting at 51 and 54.
Its referring to when clubs match bids, certain picks disappear, so other picks get moved up the order.

Leppa himself said he expects our picks to shift up a bit.

For what it's worth, if anyone is interested, I've made this spreadsheet again.

I've still gotta go through and add a lot of info; heights (goodbye weights), state, teams, positions etc. for a lot of players

Best player available at our draft pick was Charlie Nicholls

View attachment 2146890
Really appreciate the work you put into this each year. And glad you went into the 60's

St kilda got - pick 27
GC got - pick 40 and 42

Those picks were used for points to match bids for Reid and Rogers. Try again.

It depends, that kind of thing can happen if its with a club that needs points.
St kilda got collard with that pick, who we were linked to. But there was questions whether he was a flight risk
Suns needed the picks to match a bid for Graham. who the crows bid on at pick 26

I remember hoping suns wouldn't match, if we made a bid for him, as we had been rumoured to.
Like I was trying to say, there is clear precedent with these kind of trades and the value required to pull it off. It just depends if collingwood gets lucky enough to find a team in such a position.

Correct me I am wrong, didn't leppa say something about moving up the draft if a particular player was available?

For what it's worth, if anyone is interested, I've made this spreadsheet again.

I've still gotta go through and add a lot of info; heights (goodbye weights), state, teams, positions etc. for a lot of players

Best player available at our draft pick was Charlie Nicholls

View attachment 2146890
Think you’re underestimating the bids for Kako and Marshall tbh. Essendon traded pick 9 because they’re expecting a bid earlier than that and Marshall at 20 would be a ridiculous steal. I don’t think Vic clubs would let Brisbane get away without paying full whack given the ire surrounding the northern academies now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back