• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet another shit trade and draft period.
That's 3 shit years in a row now.

The club is delusional and thinks we are better off than we really are.

We weren’t expected to do anything this trade period last year we were active

Last year was good , addressed needs or at least tried too imo
Yeah, unless JPK or Buddy 2.0 is brought in, some will never be satisfied.

I'm critical of 2022, if we'd focused on needs we'd have drafted better.

But last year we addressed needs at both the draft and via trade.

Not really any good targets in this years trade period, that wanted/were open to come, and we just failed to get it done.

This years draft hasn't even happened and people are already whinging about it. Now I may whinge about it, but I'll at least wait for it to happen to see whether I should.

Not really any good targets in this years trade period, that wanted/were open to come, and we just failed to get it done.

This years draft hasn't even happened and people are already whinging about it. Now I may whinge about it, but I'll at least wait for it to happen to see whether I should.
I don’t want Buddy 2.0.

Or Capper 2.0, Tippett 2.0 or even Minton Connell 2.0.

Instead, I want a player that’ll lead us to a flag. Jude Bolton 2.0, Hanners 2.0, LRT 2.0, RoK 2.0 or Nick Smith 2.0 (although granted, there can never be another Nick Smith).

Not the flashy type that pony-tailed marketing men like.

Just get players that perform on the big stage.

PS: like Hamish Davis does in WAFL finals.

Last edited:

I don’t want Buddy 2.0.

Or Capper 2.0, Tippett 2.0 or even Minton Connell 2.0.

Instead, I want a player that’ll lead us to a flag. Jude Bolton 2.0, Hanners 2.0, LRT 2.0, RoK 2.0 or Nick Smith 2.0 (although granted, there can never be another Nick Smith).

Not the flashy type that pony-tailed marketing men like.

Just get players that perform on the big stage.

PS: like Hamish Davis does in WAFL finals
Buddy was one of our best in 2014, shame the team didn't go with him.

Would be fine with us getting Davis with even our first, assuming the likes of Shanahan haven't slid.

Here is a rough mock draft i have currently. Can't wait for LukeParkerno1 to rip it to shreds. Also involves the Rich/NM mock trade 2 for 6 + 18 which i personally think is slight unders but is what it is

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 11.59.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 11.59.08 AM.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
Here is a rough mock draft i have currently. Can't wait for LukeParkerno1 to rip it to shreds. Also involves the Rich/NM mock trade 2 for 6 + 18 which i personally think is slight unders but is what it is
well done for posting it.

An actual ranking order would be better though. It is boring when someone says 4 years after the fact 'I would have taken x player' at our selection.

An actual ranking order would be better though. It is boring when someone says 4 years after the fact 'I would have taken x player' at our selection.
Hard to say that because people will just forget what the team needs etc. You could easily break that down into positional rankings

Yeah but even a ranking is limited, because a ranking and then the actual selection should be different for every team based on needs.

I could have a winger at 22/23, our pick, and I would skip them to see which KPFs, medium forwards, small defenders, inside mids etc are available.

Yeah but even a ranking is limited, because a ranking and then the actual selection should be different for every team based on needs.

I could have a winger at 22/23, our pick, and I would skip them to see which KPFs, medium forwards, small defenders, inside mids etc are available.
Here is sorta a positional ranking and you can see how i haven't exactly gone best from said position on some players because of type of player and also go home factor etc, but it is mostly straight down the line for the position

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 12.13.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 12.13.07 PM.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very fair. We also never know who they call or ask about trades, or which players they may have asked if they would go.

But yeah last year we added mid depth, including bigger body, a quality ruck and defensive depth/experience. That filled every gap, not saying each was a success but to me thats the club addressing the issues.

Personally I think we needed a shake up of our best say 26 this year even if it meant swapping some out to get upgrades elsewhere, we don't need more kids imo. But I don't know what the cap is, who we could get, which players would agree to go.

Very fair. We also never know who they call or ask about trades, or which players they may have asked if they would go.

But yeah last year we added mid depth, including bigger body, a quality ruck and defensive depth/experience. That filled every gap, not saying each was a success but to me thats the club addressing the issues.

Personally I think we needed a shake up of our best say 26 this year even if it meant swapping some out to get upgrades elsewhere, we don't need more kids imo. But I don't know what the cap is, who we could get, which players would agree to go.

2023 was extremely solid and contributed to us making the GF, one of our best since 2009.

Yep very hard to criticise last year, I think we did really well

I didn’t expect us to trade anyone in this off season and to be honest I don’t think we necessarily need it. The cattle are there

Here is sorta a positional ranking and you can see how i haven't exactly gone best from said position on some players because of type of player and also go home factor etc, but it is mostly straight down the line for the position
My focus is really on us (and in case we do a phantom draft again). And on our needs. So I've taken my list of 78ish names and broken it up into who will likely be available at our picks, based on our needs. I've also put Small Forward in there because some think it's our primary need (whereas I think we have players who could be great, but we just need to actually play them there).

Clearly I've gone down the midfield rabbit hole a bit more for our 3rd pick (LK and JO I've mentioned for our 2nd pick are likely 30s picks but we could pull the trigger), and there's some question marks there as to whether some are the best role for a player, but there's traits or some games where they've played in the role to suggest some potential.

Should be a 2nd ? on Matt Whitlock at Pick 26. Maybe we'd see him as a KPD, but I think I'd probably prefer O'Farrell there if we for some reason spent Pick 26 on a KPD. And I'm leaning towards just taking Cochran and then picking up a mature ager to complement Snell, Edwards next year (once Francis and Hamling finish up). Probably a couple of extra ? I could have put, particularly on some medium forwards who are really mid/forwards.

1729995499056.png

Last edited:
My focus is really on us (and in case we do a phantom draft again). And on our needs. So I've taken my list of 78ish names and broken it up into who will likely be available at our picks, based on our needs. I've also put Small Forward in there because some think it's our primary need (whereas I think we have players who could be great, but we just need to actually play them there).

Clearly I've gone down the midfield rabbit hole a bit more for our 3rd pick (LK and JO I've mentioned for our 2nd pick are likely 30s picks but we could pull the trigger), and there's some question marks there as to whether some are the best role for a player, but there's traits or some games where they've played in the role to suggest some potential.

View attachment 2152578
I think you can have more overlap between picks 22 and 26. But this is pretty much how i'd be looking at it. Think we will probably go a KPF a med fwd and a best available at 40 probably more of a defensive style player

I think you can have more overlap between picks 22 and 26. But this is pretty much how i'd be looking at it. Think we will probably go a KPF a med fwd and a best available at 40 probably more of a defensive style player
It really depends on internal ratings and priorities of the club, we might pull triggers earlier if we really like someone, but I've pretty much just tried to guess who will be gone by our 2nd pick so prioritised them at the first. Maybe one of Hannaford or Dattoli get to us at 26, but they could both go earlier (not that I care as much about them), maybe Faull slides a little.

Should be a 2nd ? on Matt Whitlock at Pick 26. Maybe we'd see him as a KPD, but I think I'd probably prefer O'Farrell there if we for some reason spent Pick 26 on a KPD. And I'm leaning towards just taking Cochran and then picking up a mature ager to complement Snell, Edwards next year (once Francis and Hamling finish up). Probably a couple of extra ? I could have put, particularly on some medium forwards who are really mid/forwards.

View attachment 2152578
Pretty much my thoughts.
KPF and small/medium FWD with first 2 picks. We need depth in the forwards.
3rd pick on a mid.
4th pick Cochrane KPD

Pretty much my thoughts.
3rd pick on a mid.
4th pick Cochrane KPD
Yeah I think that's the order I'd go. Only caveat is if I'm not selecting Hynes first up, I'd want Davis more than the risk of potentially missing my first priority KPF. So I'd pick Davis with our first and then hope say Faull slides to 26, or we just pick Matt Whitlock, Nicholls, or Sims there to avoid missing out at 40. If we stay at those picks obviously, because I think you could get Nicholls or Sims in the early/mid 30s safely.

Pretty much my thoughts.
3rd pick on a mid.
4th pick Cochrane KPD
Yep unless someone crazy falls (hard to mock but can happen on draft night) i would be doing the same with the first 2 selections then i reckon 3rd pick is probably best available which is odds on for it being a mid that was projected in the 20s or so that has fallen down the order quite a few

Yeah I think that's the order I'd go. Only caveat is if I'm not selecting Hynes first up, I'd want Davis more than the risk of potentially missing my first priority KPF. So I'd pick Davis with our first and then hope say Faull slides to 26, or we just pick Matt Whitlock, Nicholls, or Sims there to avoid missing out at 40. If we stay at those picks obviously, because I think you could get Nicholls or Sims in the early/mid 30s safely.
We definitely need a KPF in our first two picks. I agree.

Certainly different than last year (see below).

Though I see you in the Top 4, it'd be interesting to see how many posts of yours are about other people's numbers versus actual draft/trade/list related posts.

View attachment 2152594
287. Last year i would have a break for days on end as it just goes around in circles and you really don't miss much . Just have a bit of fun

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back