Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he's one of the only ones that worked out that games and flags aren't won on a stats sheet.

He said something along the lines of 'On numbers, you have to pick Brisbane but i'm tipping the Pies because i know they'll just find a way'.

Fukn oath we did!

My Twitter feed seems to full of stats nerds defending their models that don’t have us as the best team. There’s a ****ing reason your model is shit, given the stuff it can’t capture is what actually wins you flags.

My Twitter feed seems to full of stats nerds defending their models that don’t have us as the best team. There’s a ******* reason your model is s**t, given the stuff it can’t capture is what actually wins you flags.

A lot of these models have too high a weighting on “percentage” in finals, which is ironic. So they don’t value our wins highly enough, and our tendency to get a lead and park the bus (see: McRae’s record when leading at 3QT) hurts us in those models.

It’s just a shortcoming of their modelling, as you suggest.

Never let him forget Pies fans

D6753n8.png
Objects in mirror may look further than they appear

Kept our turnovers low as well. Important against the Lions who rely on that for scoring.

Turnovers: 49 (our fewest in 3 years).

I keep seeing stats like this, and I’m in awe. The macro and the micro of how we won this flag.

The macro over two years of getting better and better at what we do, and how the coaches want us to play.

And the micro in what looks like fastidious and detailed planning and preparation for how to beat Brisbane on this day. No stone was left unturned. Incredible.

My desk at work - will advise all that it will only be on display until Christmas - form a queue if you want a close up look etc

View attachment 1821491
I’m retired but I do a casual school bus a few days a week, I drive bus 35 and my school run is 23 🥰. Man am I going to have some fun with that 😂

I'd found it all very low key, to the point where I have considered arresting and torturing myself for the crime of purporting to be a magpie supporter. Then I got sucked in by that multi station commentary of our penultimate goal, and the juices were stirred.

There was a an 'it's time' element to this game. In the background, I think this complacency settled in and the injuries threw us off track. Momentarily, though probably longer, I just lost interest, and switched camps a few times before settling back to the tried and trusted 'letting it all sweep around and past' me approach.

First time viewing I didn't realise the quality of the game I was watching. Even our high behinds tally failed to register. I didn't realise we were playing over our opponents and only inaccuracy was holding us back. I gave the game more respect than it deserved for being evenly balanced. Tit for tat seemed to be working as well as any strategy for scoring.

The post game viewing of video and replay for this game are kind of special because all sorts of minor gems are revealed combing through the highlights. A third viewing of the game will be required to truly appreciate the beauty of the first half and the physicality of the second.

It's a win full of lead changes and spectacular play that will wear it's age well. Even the opposition goals add to the enjoyment because several are so brilliantly executed.

It's a fantastic game to watch again and again.

Cheers, being at the game though i just thought you guys were running stronger through the midfield and had a few more aces up your sleeve than us on the day. Red time goals just killed us. Anyway hoping we can have another crack next year but they are bloody hard to get into.
They are hard to get there unless you've got the team to stay there, which more often than not is the case.

It's average home games in terms of home GROUND attendance, just not the podunk bush league AFL definition of a 'home' game. And yes it includes finals. But it's accurate.

Remember we played a 'home' game in Adelaide and two home games at Marvel.

There is nothing really intellectually dishonest about including only home games at the home ground, and including finals, because they are only comparing it to international average home ground attendances in the first place, with none of their own caveats.

It would be far more intellectually dishonest to include a game played in a different city in a smaller stadium as a legitimate 'home' game, when such a clearly misleading scenario wouldn't be included in the comparative sample either.

Of course Collingwood is often playing teams that share the same ground. It can't really draw as consistently as highly on its own as some of these global mega teams. But of course for this same reason these teams often have an entire city, or only have one or two major rivals, to draw from. So a direct comparison will always be misleading.

The fact is, when Collingwood played home games at the MCG, on average we pulled nearly 80,000. And we also played 3 games of 80,000+ when we were the away team. That's pretty damn impressive, even by top tier global standards.
Well said.
Collingwood is a phenomenon. In a city with ten other clubs our following is remarkable as are our crowds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just needed to look around at the ump for direction and there would have been no issue. He was doing his own thing and moved back about 5m and was still going and paid no regard to the umpire. The umps set the marks not the players.

It shouldnt have been paid 50; but what I'm saying is Oleg gave the ump a reason to pay it... and he did.

Nah. It was an atrocious call and allegedly in the umpires review was the ONLY call that was acknowledged as a mistake.

Oleg wasn't even given an opportunity to actually stand the proper mark.

I couldn't give two hoots about Henry. He wanted to go home to mummy. I instead feel for Grundy (although I was happy with moving him on) because he loved the club and wanted to stay

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He loved the club but he wanted money more, he made his decision and will be well paid for it

I don't. I've watched in on Kayo three times, but for long term purposes I will resort to "other sources".

I'm waiting on the Blu-ray. I don't have the 2010 Blu-ray because the game wasn't even recorded in high-def (because Channel 7 are stupid).

I've been watching on Kayo for now and have it on my Plex server as a fall back lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back