1.74m watch prelim final

Remove this Banner Ad

It was live at 7:30 here in Vic (although I went to the game)

What time was it shown in the other markets? Was it delayed by 30 mins in Adelaide to fit in H&A etc?

Was it 7:30 or 8:30 in Syd and Bris? Perth?

What time was it shown in the other markets? Was it delayed by 30 mins in Adelaide to fit in H&A etc?

8.30 in Bis.

7 couldn't show it live because they were frightened they may upset their "Better Homes and Gardens " viewers:rolleyes:

Also 8:30pm in Sydney.

Solid ratings for sydney!!

I reckon if it was live, you could add an extra 50-70K in Brisbane and Sydney.

What time was it shown in Adel and Perth?

Was it actually on at 5:30pm live in Perth? and 7:00pm live in Adelaide?

I reckon if it was live, you could add an extra 50-70K in Brisbane and Sydney.

What time was it shown in Adel and Perth?

Was it actually on at 5:30pm live in Perth? and 7:00pm live in Adelaide?

6:30 in Perth.

And AFAIK, those figures are the averages across all 3.5 hours. Given the last half an hour was just the commentators talking to each other, i'd say the actual game would have averaged much closer to 2 million.

Those are great figures for Sydney considering we had to wait an hour and find out how to make a garden and make fried rice........

Looks like it may have won the slot as well against the two movies - great result!

1 SEVEN'S AFL: PRELIMINARY FINAL 1: GEELONG V COLLINGWOOD Seven 1,743,000 209,000 885,000 119,000 244,000 286,000

Pretty good ratings everywhere, particularly given it was shown on delay in 3 of those markets.
and thats what you get for showing it live into melbourne :eek:

Interesting to note more people in Sydney watched this prelim than the Swans match two weeks ago..........see Channel 7 and 9, not everyone in Sydney follows the Swans

Interesting to note more people in Sydney watched this prelim than the Swans match two weeks ago..........see Channel 7 and 9, not everyone in Sydney follows the Swans

BUT, in saying that we should note that there was no NRL game on last night, still good figures though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUT, in saying that we should note that there was no NRL game on last night, still good figures though.

very valid point. the game was up against nothing and also no doubt the delay cost some viewers as well.

Those are great figures for Sydney considering we had to wait an hour and find out how to make a garden and make fried rice........

Looks like it may have won the slot as well against the two movies - great result!

Fantastic figures in Sydney and Brisbane last night:

The daily media report by David Dale, updated 10 am Saturday
http://blogs.smh.com.au/sit/archives/2007/09/ratings_race_next_1.html?page=fullpage#comments

Unchallenged by rugby league in Sydney, the AFL pulled in 42 per cent of the prime time audience for Seven last night.

If only Channel 7 showed the game live into Sydney and Brisbane. :rolleyes:

Participation figures have NSW third behind WA and in front of SA .
Now with rating numbers approaching WA and SA . You could mount an argument for a second team for Sydney .

:thumbsu:

No.

No rugby league against the AFL. If the NRL scheduled a final against it, Seven wouldn't attract many viewers.

I agree, great ratings for Sydney + Brisbane. You have to remember though, this is in the top three biggest games of the year (2 plem finals, the big one) and no rugby league.

To make a case for a second team just using this argument, won't work. The AFL needs to rate well during the season. The swans have lost 30k per match in Sydney TV ratings.

very valid point. the game was up against nothing and also no doubt the delay cost some viewers as well.

It would be VERY interesting to see the TV ratings on Sunday afternoon when Melb. Storm play.
Don't think they'll get the same type of "audience".....!:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

1.74m watch prelim final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back