Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

chad.jpg

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not buying any of these Chad Warner rumours.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you mean the one-two with JMac banana it was pretty good. Right in front of me. They practice those little moves all the time. Done in the snap of the fingers, they both knew it was on.

i thought this would be goal of the week, what slick work by both mcinerney and papley!
but then there's gulden's goal ... or warner's to seal it ... or jordon on stewart ... or the heeney or warner goals in that surge that got us back into the game ...

When dealing with bloked on 500k plus, I imagine it's going to take more than a $400 dollar room and a buffet at epicurean to swing them over
You say that but my daughter saw a great crowd of them at $25 steak night at the DoG, buying multiple tickets in the meat raffle, so I suspect most of them still enjoy the simple things in life!

We, as Sydney fans, have nothing to worry about
Bloody Dawson.

Nothing is guaranteed but I think Warner looks like he loves the squad and we're on the cusp of challenging for flags for the next 5 years. Dawson left at a very different point in the cycle. Still going to have to pay Warner one way or another and that's the big issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody Dawson.

Nothing is guaranteed but I think Warner looks like he loves the squad and we're on the cusp of challenging for flags for the next 5 years. Dawson left at a very different point in the cycle. Still going to have to pay Warner one way or another and that's the big issue.
Also their personal circumstances were/are massively different. Dawson was under a lot of pressure beyond $$$ to return to SA. Life partner wanting to start a family. Mum and Dad.
I'm betting those pressures are a lot smaller on Chad or any of the other WA boys.
The Chinese have a saying I love:
"The mountains are high and the Emperor far away.".

Bloody Dawson.

Dawson left after we'd just made it back into Finals in 2021 and lost an EF by a kick. I don't think it was a significant enough different point in the cycle for that to be part of the distinction between the two. It still irks me to this day as it was such a strange decision by Dawson particularly because we looked on the verge of something and sure enough made a GF the next year where his bigger body would have helped a lot.

Hi Freo people! Thanks for stopping by the channel - here's what we know so far.

• Kinnear Beatson has confirmed we've not spoken to Zurhaar or his management.
  • The Swans will not trade Chad at the end of this year. Nope, not even if it means we can push for better picks. Ask Papley & O'Keefe how that went.

These are the facts as they stand. Enjoy your speculation.

If he was rumoured to go to West Coast sure I'd believe it. But why go to Freo, may as well go to prison
Why the anti-Freo spray? They seem like a pretty cohesive unit and get on well with Longmuir. They are a lot closer to contending than West Coast. If they sort out their mid-forward issues they will be formidable. And Freo fans are a lot more likeable than WCE fans. (And anyone who thinks Cousins is redeemed has rocks in their head).

Why the anti-Freo spray? They seem like a pretty cohesive unit and get on well with Longmuir. They are a lot closer to contending than West Coast. If they sort out their mid-forward issues they will be formidable. And Freo fans are a lot more likeable than WCE fans. (And anyone who thinks Cousins is redeemed has rocks in their head).
Bad call on Cous

Why the anti-Freo spray? ).

Wanted the Eagles fans to think I was cool.

Figured Freo fans are reading the page

Shit n Giggles

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back