Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The article said that we would not accept pick 40. Geelong will either need to sweeten that pick with something or give us an earlier draft pick for him. So we are looking at a player and 2nd round pick or a first round pick.

To be honest in terms of our development he is worth next to nothing. But in terms of cover he would probably be the best back-up number 1 ruck man in the Afl and could be extremely worthwhile to any club that are struggling with a number 1 ruck.

We should be shopping him around. Surely the bulldogs would like a bloke who can ruck and go forward to cover their young kp stocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't see us trading delaney, reckon we rate him highly and he is contracted.

On hamish it will take more than pick 38-40 to get him so they need to find a way to get that pick higher

If H was to play Tarrant's role he would be just as, if not more effective.
Not to sure about that.

Hard and fast leading was a key to the 3 talls so space could be created. McIntosh is far to much of a plodder to make that work, and will be zoned off easily by opposition defenders.

I think the HS was just speculating. I very much doubt they have any idea what's been offered at this stage. Given H only just did the medical, they may not have even tabled a first offer to us yet.

Not to sure about that.

Hard and fast leading was a key to the 3 talls so space could be created. McIntosh is far to much of a plodder to make that work, and will be zoned off easily by opposition defenders.

Agreed.

The whole "Hamish would be a solid forward" is a little over-done on here, tbqh.

He's kicked 59 goals in his entire career.

Not to sure about that.

Not sure either about fast there Husk. Certainly repeated and consistent compared to Hamish, Tarrant runs all day but is a plodder as well.

I am with Tron, I am still unconvinced Hamish couldn't play a role up forward and ruck, but as he is going we wont know anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back