Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I come with respect but just wish to point out that there is no way Geelong would use pick 15 in a trade for Hamish... even if North chucked in 35.

If north wont let him go for say, pick 36 and a gillies/simpkin/stringer/burbury etc then Cats will walk away.

no harm done.

I think you are right.

I just don't get why they would waste time with medicals etc if they are offering just Pick #36 unless there is another piece to the puzzle.

I come with respect but just wish to point out that there is no way Geelong would use pick 15 in a trade for Hamish... even if North chucked in 35.

If north wont let him go for say, pick 36 and a gillies/simpkin/stringer/burbury etc then Cats will walk away.

no harm done.

How would u know what Geelong are thinking?

Your rucks are average. They want vardy to play ruck/forward. A fit hamish is a huge addition to your line up and a major upgrade on west. If you want to see the importance of a solid combo go watch ours and your elimination finals, sandi, cox and naita tore us a new one.

If Geelong believe that an AA capable ruckman will take them closer to one more shot at a flag then they will offer their first pick. Mooney has come out a said today that you guys are "desperate" to acquire him.

Also I suggest you look at the history of trading ruckman. Most accomplished ones fetch a first round pick at minimum. Hell even Cameron wood got a first round pick.

I certainly don't mind Seaby as a rookie for backup. If we get Gillies I will spew and very few deals not involving the first round pick will satisfy us. Finally, if we do manage to get our hands on 15/compensation pick I am not interested in trading both that and our first rounder for Caddy to be honest - far too much.

I think we should just play hardball with McIntosh to be honest. Mooney seems to think they are despearate for him and to be honest its not a bad result if we don't trade him (especially for rubbish). Just tell Geelong happy to talk but make sure you come to the table with either a scenario that involves a first rounder or your second rounder and one of these players.

Monster is contracted, we should tell Monster we think you are worth more than pick 36 to be solely a VFL player and will get more for you a year on when you go as a free agent, sorry bro.

Delaney on the other hand I wouldn't want to see let go. I know that a lot of you don't rate him but FFS he has played - what - 20 games? How much leeway and time do we give to Key Forwards like Hansen, Tarrant, Black, etc. (Petrie didn't hit his form until late) before they start to provide payback. I can guarantee you that Delaney, if traded, will go to an opposition side and become an excellent long term full back.

I've had a bash at Delaney but he has the tools and did improve this year. Definitely worth persisting with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North getting massively done over if we're letting Hmac go for 36. He is worth more to us then that, rather keep him around instead of taking that garbage.

Yeah, I agree. If he goes 'cheaply' then it will likely be part of getting Caddy to North. You would think...

Pick 36 for Mcintosh is rubbish, unless it's part of a 3 way deal where the Cats agree not to offer anything for Caddy. If we lose McIntosh + our 1st round pick for Caddy (better still get a 2nd or 3rd round upgrade) it may work out ok.

We believe McIntosh is worth Geelongs pick 15 and they believe pick 36. Split the difference at about pick 25, 14so we could be seen as given up 14 and 25 for Caddy. Maybe exchange our pick 55 for GC pick 44 as a sweetener.

In: Caddy, pick 44
out: pick 14, 55, McIntosh

I hope we are angling at something like the above *at worst* and not a straight swap of McIntosh for pick 36 and Geelong still get caddy for the ablett compo pick.

Pick 36 for Mcintosh is rubbish, unless it's part of a 3 way deal where the Cats agree not to offer anything for Caddy. If we lose McIntosh + our 1st round pick for Caddy (better still get a 2nd or 3rd round upgrade) it may work out ok.

We believe McIntosh is worth Geelongs pick 15 and they believe pick 36. Split the difference at about pick 25, 14so we could be seen as given up 14 and 25 for Caddy. Maybe exchange our pick 55 for GC pick 44 as a sweetener.

In: Caddy, pick 44
out: pick 14, 55, McIntosh

I hope we are angling at something like the above *at worst* and not a straight swap of McIntosh for pick 36 and Geelong still get caddy for the ablett compo pick.

What happened to #36?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back