Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am starting to feel more and more that we shouldn't be doing a deal with Geelong , a 3rd round pick is a joke . We need to come out if this deal the winner , you do not do deals that strengthen a team that is fighting for the same ladder position as we are .
We are either playing our cards very close to our chests or as a club we are extremely poor at doing deals .

Luke McDonald would want to be the second coming because his father is cancer .

Geelong and North are haggling in public to cover up a sweetheart deal that they are formulating. Very much like how GC were going to nominate Viney but didn't so Melbourne could pick up viney for a song.

All of the public haggling makes me laugh.

So what are our options?

We will need a player that is ready to step into the breach if Goldy goes down. Drew is best served playing forward, Pedo is likely out the door and is too short to do it full time, Mabon is a preying mantis and Daw is not an AFL ruck.

Do we trade for a ruck from another team or are there any options at VFL/WAFL/SANFL level who could be brought in as a back up? Looking forward to hearing some names and info on the players if possible.

Personally I would play Petrie in the Ruck 50% swapping with Daw.

Tarrant, Hansen, Daw as the forwards. With Black also in the mix.

While it may not be our best setup on paper, what team can completely cover the loss of its number 1 Ruckman.

Personally I would play Petrie in the Ruck 50% swapping with Daw.

Tarrant, Hansen, Daw as the forwards. With Black also in the mix.

While it may not be our best setup on paper, what team can completely cover the loss of its number 1 Ruckman.
What about the fact that Dish has broken his feet and manages swelling during the week? Playing ruck for such long periods will only increase the likelihood of injury for him.

If we could have walked out of this trade period with Caddy and Zac Clarke I would be very happy. Unfortunately, the teams we are dealing with are stingy. They can't all be Lake to Hawthorn.

What about the fact that Dish has broken his feet and manages swelling during the week? Playing ruck for such long periods will only increase the likelihood of injury for him.
How much running does he do as a forward?

He would likely do less as a Ruckman sitting behind the ball. Theres a good reason Goldy is able to play 95% of game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back