Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was not happy with trading him to start with, and then I hear a rnd 2 pick, piss off, now I read a rnd 3 pick, how friggen desperate are we? you would get better compensation then that as a free agent next year.

If you don't like what the cats are offering then let him sit on the sidelines eating $500,000 out of the cap, then he can leave as a free agent the year after and north get stuff all for him. We get a ruckman which we need while you get a draft pick - that's a trade. Of course you want more for him but sometimes you have to settle for what you have to (we only got pick 28 for mumford and two bloody compo picks for the league's best player).

If you don't like what the cats are offering then let him sit on the sidelines eating $500,000 out of the cap, then he can leave as a free agent the year after and north get stuff all for him. We get a ruckman which we need while you get a draft pick - that's a trade. Of course you want more for him but sometimes you have to settle for what you have to (we only got pick 28 for mumford and two bloody compo picks for the league's best player).
Diddums. No deal.

We are likely to get more via FA compo for H at the end of next year than the scraps Geelong are offering. As such, Geelong can get ****ed unless they are willing to swap the compo with our 14.

We aren't settling for shit.

Would rather keep him on the list for a year even if he leaves for free at the end of it.

Is more then worth it for the insurance in case Goldy goes down.

you can just keep playing the big O in the seniors, see how that works out for you.

Pick 28 is way off pick 40 you guys are offering for a start. Hmac is a bloke you guys are targeting to take your no 1 ruck roll. You should pay accordingly.
A pick in the 20s sounds a about right considering Brian lake went for about that yesterday. Only we don't have a pick in the 20s which is why we are offering later picks. I'm sure they will settle on something maybe a second/third round pick plus another player such one of our rookies. I rate HMAC highly but on ability only. He's injury prone and 28, so he may not take the no. Ruck role just another option.

A pick in the 20s sounds a about right considering Brian lake went for about that yesterday. Only we don't have a pick in the 20s which is why we are offering later picks. I'm sure they will settle on something maybe a second/third round pick plus another player such one of our rookies. I rate HMAC highly but on ability only. He's injury prone and 28, so he may not take the no. Ruck role just another option.

Your club knows he would be No1 ruck man , your club hasn't taken their eyes off him . Gunna cost ya , he has a contract and we are not in salary cap trouble

He will take the number one ruck role. He is a major upgrade on west (who is a spud IMO) and Simpson who is unproven. VArdy will be a gun but your club sees him more as a 2nd ruck. Your club is trying to hang in there and chase one last flag and one your biggest deficiencies is the ruck. Hamish fills that role and u should pay accordingly.

Go back and have a look what ottens did for you and how much u paid for him despite him being injury prone. You guys are under selling just how good hamish's best is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why this Geelong supporter thinks we'd take scraps to strengthen a team who is going to fight for the same position as us. Or we could not take scraps, leave you guys with your shit ruckmen, and if anything happens to Goldy we will stay good.

Not sure why everyone is hanging DMac out to dry. Has a deal been struck?

Seems to me all the trade info regarding H is coming from the club chasing him which means we are only getting the negative side from our point of view.

How do we know that DMac isn't telling Geelong, improve the offer or lose. Don't be surprised if another club becomes interested in H if its seen that no deal can be made with the cats. Another club might come along and offer a high second round pick knowing they may grab a quality ruckman.

I'm not. Just providing the other side of selection 36's value.

I reckon there's alot of emotion here over press speculation which holds bugger all weight. Like Bigeasy, I suspect there's a bigger picture to all of this, and little point in getting worked up over the micro moves along the way.

Allgood mate, I was just kidding with you.

Personally I don't care if we get pick 80 for Hamish, If it means Geelong don't offer Compo pick for Caddy as part of the deal and we get Caddy.

Hamish will be long gone in 3 years time and Caddy will be 23. Reminds me of the Shagga deal and we won in the long term :thumbsu:

Yep. If we lose both H and Lachie (personally believe he will stay), then it's an imperative to get an established big man - I favour Martin, Z Clarke and Dawes in that order (Dawes probably wants too much cash, but he is quality despite his shit 2012).

Never thought i'd read Dawes and quality in the same sentence.

Secondly, Clarke is a better player than Martin IMO.

Dont know if anyone's mentioned this but maybe a three way trade with GC and Geelong involving Caddy??

Not sure why everyone is hanging DMac out to dry. Has a deal been struck?

Seems to me all the trade info regarding H is coming from the club chasing him which means we are only getting the negative side from our point of view.

How do we know that DMac isn't telling Geelong, improve the offer or lose. Don't be surprised if another club becomes interested in H if its seen that no deal can be made with the cats. Another club might come along and offer a high second round pick knowing they may grab a quality ruckman.

Mmmmm there has been a lot of hate for DMac lately and I seem to recall a bit of mistrust in the past as well. What problem do people have with him that I'm not aware about?

I can't quite believe the concern about replacing H. I think we are perfectly placed to do without him. In order, we can use as our #1 ruck:

1. Goldy - Proven
2. Daw - He is ready for AFL & can ruck
3. Petrie - Will always provide a contest
4. Pedo - May concede the hitouts but will recover those losses around the ground
5. Mabon - Not quite ready but blooding him could have benefits for his development if it becomes necessary

They're not gonna beat Sandi or Cox/NicNat, but who does. The first 3 or 4 are capable to do sufficiently against at least half the comp, & if our midfield continues to develop close to the level we hope/expect to see, it won't be an issue. I'd not be seriously stressed taking any two of those 5 into a game sharing the ruckload 80/20% or 70/30%. Even if we get down to Mabon solo, while more of a genuine concern its not gonna be the end of the world for a handful of games.

If the entire ruck division is a disaster, then target a replacement next summer. But we have plenty of cattle to give a chance, without getting a hack like Seaby or Stephenson as a 100% certified list clogger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back