Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

So does he go forward next year to team up with Brown?
With Waite gone then I can see Thompson potentially calling it too and then McKay will fill his role along with EVW, Williams, Tarrant, Polec, etc new makeshift backline.

Either way Brown needs a partner and it ain’t Wood whose a third forward.

So does he go forward next year to team up with Brown?
With Waite gone then I can see Thompson potentially calling it too and then McKay will fill his role along with EVW, Williams, Tarrant, Polec, etc new makeshift backline.

Either way Brown needs a partner and it ain’t Wood whose a third forward.

Hoping Waite is the first cab off the block too in regards to the older blokes. Thompson to hang them up as well and Goldy to be traded. Bring in the new generation of young talls as well as our offseason acquisitions and spend the year getting the gameplan and team dynamics right before bringing in Kelly as the cherry on top the year after and then absolutely launching ourselves into a 5 year+ tilt at success.

Some disciplined coaching needs to be given to Brown and Daw if they both play forward, meaning, they cannot crash into each other at the contests. I really hate that shit. Call it and go up. Keep your teammates open for crumbs.

One stays in the F50, the other takes his man with him up the ground. We don't have a Boomer to mop up the mess anymore. Once up the ground and the ball has left your foot, head back with a chance of the ball coming over the top. Goal. This shit breaks the defensive loose man barrier the Crows used on Sunday. Enough stagnant football where defenders can hold you or block contests that umpires are too ******ed to see.

A proactive forward line has to be proactive. Work your man to the last second Maj. And when you are moving, it is easier to show where the defender is infringing resulting in free kicks.

With some better outside players, expect a very dangerous forward line. But the footy IQ and discipline needs to be there every round.

Why are some so desperate to get him up forward again when he's destroying it down back?

If he didn't kick another goal in his career I wouldn't care if he keeps on the trajectory that he is

Why are some so desperate to get him up forward again when he's destroying it down back?

If he didn't kick another goal in his career I wouldn't care if he keeps on the trajectory that he is
Should go forward briefly to man up on a loose player. Force the opposition coach to figure out how to nullify Daw rather than sticking to structures. When Daw goes forward, it can be a very unwanted head-ache for opposition defenders as Daw and Brown have deadly reach. But this needs to be umpired well. EVW, McKay, Tarrant, Williams etc. should be ok.

It is absolutely and utterly ludicrous that the umpiring is stifling our forward 50 potential. Absolutely laughable. If the contests were umpired well, Brown would be leading the tally by 20 goals.

I kept thinking this as well, as it's clear he's found a spot in the backline, and the team needs him there. But we have EVW, and if any of the other young blokes can match what Maj has been able to do, then his potential in the forward line, with the ball coming in from a quality mid field, well, just imagine what we could have coming our way!!!!!!!!

Should go forward briefly to man up on a loose player. Force the opposition coach to figure out how to nullify Daw rather than sticking to structures. When Daw goes forward, it can be a very unwanted head-ache for opposition defenders as Daw and Brown have deadly reach. But this needs to be umpired well. EVW, McKay, Tarrant, Williams etc. should be ok.

It is absolutely and utterly ludicrous that the umpiring is stifling our forward 50 potential. Absolutely laughable. If the contests were umpired well, Brown would be leading the tally by 20 goals.
Of course, that makes sense, but throughout the year a number of people have called for him to move back forward permanently.

He's killing it down back, let him do that and swing forward if needed.

"I remember saying it wouldn't surprise me if majak is AA KPD by 2019. If you plot the JLT game against melb and then the VFL game from the weekend onto a graph you'll actually see a strong positive correlation between games played and improvement.

Using predictive stats to plot his future progression it's clear he's ready to breakout. 95% confidence interval has him in a better place than Rance so far in 2018."

- Groin Guru April 3 2018.

Some people just have an eye for talent.

Some people just have an eye for talent.

Can you direct me to anything prior to 2018 relating to your other usernames?

if you told maj would be on par to emulate McGovern from west coast this year then you would be a genius

You would also be delusional.

other usernames?
3Stz.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any way we can get Maj to take all the centre bounces and then drop back in defence, Goldy doesn't seem to get off the ground like he used to and Maj has a vertical that must be over 40 inches.

I think he's more exciting up fwd, his ability to clunk a ball is near on ridiculous. We also have McKay and EVW that could slot into the back six.

I think he's more exciting up fwd, his ability to clunk a ball is near on ridiculous. We also have McKay and EVW that could slot into the back six.
He also averages less than a goal a game as a forward, meanwhile down back he is the 2nd best intercept defender in the comp.

I think using him as a swingman going forward is the better idea, with the majority of his play being down back.

He also averages less than a goal a game as a forward, meanwhile down back he is the 2nd best intercept defender in the comp.

I think using him as a swingman going forward is the better idea, with the majority of his play being down back.

Yeah hear ya, he also spent 9 quarters fwd this season and kicked ten goals, is a changed man. Confidence is amazing for your confidence:D

Has had a wonderful season and should be very proud of his achievements, which are ( club level)....

• tenth for clearances
  • Number ONE contested marks

• tenth for goals kicked- spent less than two games forward
  • Number two for hitouts
  • Number four disposal effieciency
  • Number 3 for 1%ers
  • Equal fourth for marks inside fwd 50 ( two games)
  • 12th contested possession ( five of a top ten finish)
A great season and I hope to see him at CHF in 2019 and beyond, McKay down back- likelihood....

Martians landing on the MCG Grand Final day 450,000 to 1

Majak Daw playing CHF in 2019 500,000 to 1

Nah, wait till he gets the running of the backline thing back into his game with some of his new found real game sense. CHF would be a waste.

I think the next step in Majak's football evolution is to become a bit more attacking minded when he gets the ball.

After just about every mark he takes (which is about 10 a game), his first instinct is to go back and look sideways for the chip kick to a team mate.
He is actually a really good kick of the footy, so i think he should be encouraged to mark, play on, and look for a more attacking option.

Love what he has done this year, couldnt be prouder for him!

He never used to be so rigid with his choices. I don't think its instinct. I think one of the things he has as a priority when he plays now is minimising the opportunities he creates for the opposition to hurt us on turnovers - curbing his instincts and working hard to minimise the costly errors.

Either the flair has been coached out of him or he has become a lot more disciplined with his play and understands what he needs to do to help the team now.:p

Depends on your pov I spose.

I agree about him attacking off the backline tho. Once he learns when its good to do that he will be a weapon. Some of the flair and speed he showed as a younger player would be great to see but with some context as far as understanding what he is actually doing goes. The way he's gone this year it wouldn't surprise me to see him start to understand when to take the opposition on and try to break lines using strength and winding up his speed.

Yeah hear ya, he also spent 9 quarters fwd this season and kicked ten goals, is a changed man. Confidence is amazing for your confidence:D

Fair point, at that rate he'd just miss the 100 goals... probably not worth the change.

Another really solid game.

Not only our best backman, but also gave us something in the ruck when he spelled Goldy!

In a year of not entirely glorious coaching, this has been the one coaching masterstroke of the year. (And you can't claim Ziebull as it's been obvious for years he's too slow for the midfield).

Yeah it took bard Scotts 9 years to think of it and that was as a last resort

Commanded the air in the back half yesterday.

Has become a new footballer.

Welcome to the 10 percent

Has had a wonderful season and should be very proud of his achievements, which are ( club level)....

• tenth for clearances
  • Number ONE contested marks

• tenth for goals kicked- spent less than two games forward
  • Number two for hitouts
  • Number four disposal effieciency
  • Number 3 for 1%ers
  • Equal fourth for marks inside fwd 50 ( two games)
  • 12th contested possession ( five of a top ten finish)
A great season and I hope to see him at CHF in 2019 and beyond, McKay down back- likelihood....

Martians landing on the MCG Grand Final day 450,000 to 1

Majak Daw playing CHF in 2019 500,000 to 1

You always stuck by him - kudos

Confidence is all he needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back