Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Another really solid game.

Not only our best backman, but also gave us something in the ruck when he spelled Goldy!

In a year of not entirely glorious coaching, this has been the one coaching masterstroke of the year. (And you can't claim Ziebull as it's been obvious for years he's too slow for the midfield).

Another really solid game.

Not only our best backman, but also gave us something in the ruck when he spelled Goldy!

In a year of not entirely glorious coaching, this has been the one coaching masterstroke of the year. (And you can't claim Ziebull as it's been obvious for years he's too slow for the midfield).
Hasn’t been done many favours by Brad when the opposition restructure to nullify his aerial dominance.

Im kinda pissed of that it took us so long to get him into the back line, imagine we had him in 2015 playing half decent footy back there.

Has had a wonderful season and should be very proud of his achievements, which are ( club level)....

• tenth for clearances
  • Number ONE contested marks

• tenth for goals kicked- spent less than two games forward
  • Number two for hitouts
  • Number four disposal effieciency
  • Number 3 for 1%ers
  • Equal fourth for marks inside fwd 50 ( two games)
  • 12th contested possession ( five of a top ten finish)
A great season and I hope to see him at CHF in 2019 and beyond, McKay down back- likelihood....

Martians landing on the MCG Grand Final day 450,000 to 1

Majak Daw playing CHF in 2019 500,000 to 1

This time last year I wrote him of as a dumb footballer. Never gonna make it.
Not any fault of his own he took the game on late.
Even with his great intercept Form, the team has been reluctant to kick to him moving out of defenece.
Exception was Higgins yesterday and it's great to see an elite ball mover back Maj. Even if Maj was caught unexpectedly by surprise and almost coughed up a simple uncontested mark.

Once he gets the level of confidence from the team I think hell grow and become more then a great intercept mark.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every player should, in a way, start employing the Majak Daw decision making process with ball in hand. Give the open option that you can execute, when you can execute it. Or go long to a contest.

Daw was playing lose most of the game. The Crows looked awesome when they used quick ball movement and precise kicking to work around him but if we put pressure on their ball carriers Daw was there to mop up. Teams have to change the way they play to move the ball around him as there's not many people that will be able to out mark him.

Daw is going to have to work hard with extra focus on him.

I'm sure it happens a lot but at the game the Crows made a real effort to block his run on the goal line when they were having a shot. At one stage there was some blatant shepherding by Jacobs that if had been done to a forward the umps would have awarded a free!

I think the next step in Majak's football evolution is to become a bit more attacking minded when he gets the ball.

After just about every mark he takes (which is about 10 a game), his first instinct is to go back and look sideways for the chip kick to a team mate.
He is actually a really good kick of the footy, so i think he should be encouraged to mark, play on, and look for a more attacking option.

Love what he has done this year, couldnt be prouder for him!

Daw was playing lose most of the game. The Crows looked awesome when they used quick ball movement and precise kicking to work around him but if we put pressure on their ball carriers Daw was there to mop up. Teams have to change the way they play to move the ball around him as there's not many people that will be able to out mark him.

Daw is going to have to work hard with extra focus on him.

I'm sure it happens a lot but at the game the Crows made a real effort to block his run on the goal line when they were having a shot. At one stage there was some blatant shepherding by Jacobs that if had been done to a forward the umps would have awarded a free!

Yeh they hand them out like cheap candy when a forward's run is blocked :stern look

Hasn’t been done many favours by Brad when the opposition restructure to nullify his aerial dominance.

It is quite the pattern every week. Maj slays them in the 1st half, teams change the way they play in the 3rd, pressure brings him back into it in the 4th.

Once he is being lead all over the place, we should mix it up. Start him on a wing or something, make the other coach wake up from his Brad Scott induced coma.

He just doesn't make errors any more (fingers crossed)
He still makes errors. The difference is they don't cost us goals anymore.

He's far more calculated and he plays to his strengths.

If he stuffs something, he rarely has over-committed now and is able to try and clean up the mess.

That in itself is one of the more impressive of his evolutions as a footballer.

His hands. My god. His hands.

Best North hands since Gary Dempsey.

gary-dempsey.jpg

:stern look

Something I never thought I'd say in my bloody life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back