Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhhh...................Wayne Carey?

Different sort of sure hands of course, with Dempsey dropping back to cut off opposition kicks into their forward line with hands like suction cups, much as Majak has been doing from within the backline with hardly a fumble.

Duck took on all comers up forward and was a contested marking beast.

Commanded the air in the back half yesterday.

Has become a new footballer.
I was ****ing ropeable when Tarrant came over the top and spoiled a clear Majak mark back into the corridor.
Whose helping who here???

I was ******* ropeable when Tarrant came over the top and spoiled a clear Majak mark back into the corridor.
Whose helping who here???

Taz had a few shockers yesterday including that nothing kick streaming forward late in the game. A game to forget for him.

Snake i've been quietly reading this thread for many many months. when i saw your post i had to re-read it a few times just to be sure. It's really looking like Maj has bloody made it!

(not a piss take)
Maybe snake will have to jinx a few more players. He has done wonders with dumont and maj ; steinl00ks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was our best ruckman and best defender yesterday.
One thing I will say about Majak this year is that he plays like he gives a ****. But not in a faux helpless sort of vain mindset - he doesnt attempt to play outside of his limitations. In fact I’d argue he puts more of a premium on conceding goals than Tarrant/Thompson/MacMillan do.

They need to be more aggressive with him and swing him forward when our mids are shitting the bed. Our midfield are praying for a miracle dumping sky balls to brown 2 v 1 and other forwards up the ground.

Certainly keep him down back but when the time comes pull the trigger Ffs. We have this tactical weapon but seem loathe to use him.

I was gunna say Pot aint gunna be happy with this

View attachment 546123

But looks like Pot is even a convert now, so happy for Maj it's been a long ride but it is going to be fun for the next few years. Sign him up now North!!!
His new schtick it to talk up Nathan Hrovat as an AFL footballer.

I think the next step in Majak's football evolution is to become a bit more attacking minded when he gets the ball.

After just about every mark he takes (which is about 10 a game), his first instinct is to go back and look sideways for the chip kick to a team mate.
He is actually a really good kick of the footy, so i think he should be encouraged to mark, play on, and look for a more attacking option.

Love what he has done this year, couldnt be prouder for him!
It's his confidence and I strongly believe it's on the white board..
Maj to pass 90 degrees in D50 to leading option.
No option bomb it to a 50/50 on the wing.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

They need to be more aggressive with him and swing him forward when our mids are shitting the bed. Our midfield are praying for a miracle dumping sky balls to brown 2 v 1 and other forwards up the ground.

Certainly keep him down back but when the time comes pull the trigger Ffs. We have this tactical weapon but seem loathe to use him.

Can see Brad using him the same way as WC use McGovern.

Send him down for the last 15 minutes of games.

He's only just built up his confidence, he will be a whole other player with another 4 months of solid training over pre-season.

Maybe snake will have to jinx a few more players. He has done wonders with dumont and maj ; steinl00ks
He obviously didnt account for the symbiotic relationship of impact versus talent... Both calls hideously wrong. Stick to darts.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can see Brad using him the same way as WC use McGovern.

Send him down for the last 15 minutes of games.

He's only just built up his confidence, he will be a whole other player with another 4 months of solid training over pre-season.

problem is he has already made that jump to play forward when needed. We just don't pull the trigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back