Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he is found not guilty if sure there will be a number of clubs interested in him.
the difference between the court case and the draft is like 3 days.

A rape trial won't be finished in 3 days.

the difference between the court case and the draft is like 3 days.

A rape trial won't be finished in 3 days.
But the chances of him being lock up are about 0%, so if we are happy to take a risk on a rookie selection, why wouldnt another club?

But the chances of him being lock up are about 0%, so if we are happy to take a risk on a rookie selection, why wouldnt another club?
They don't have the intimate knowledge of Maj that we do or the opportunity to interview and get a bead on him.

Not saying someone won't take a punt, but its a ballsy risk for them.

My suspicion is the football department never really wanted Majak in the first place but were strong armed into giving him a go by marketing/admin. As a fresh coach, Brad Scott didn't really have the power to resist. Now that Majak has become a liability off field, and with the coach having reached back-to-back prelims, the tide has turned.

This is a really interesting comment. I broke it to my two young boys last night and they were both really disappointed. The youngest asked how he could possibly be delisted after he won the Grand Final sprint! Maj had appeal on a number of fronts, especially marketing the club to a range of new supporter groups. Hopefully he gets another run with us but I guess we need to back the club with these decisions.

Still feeling a bit flat I appreciate people trying their best to explain the situation, but it's coming across a bit like Chinese Algebra it makes zero sense to me.

Think of it like Jarryd Hayne and the 49-ers. It was a fun gimmick but it was a long shot to succeed.

If the club don't want to re-draft daw why was he training this morning at the club?

Think of it like Jarryd Hayne and the 49-ers. It was a fun gimmick but it was a long shot to succeed.

Other than the sport being relatively foreign to the individual when starting out, that is a strange and inaccurate comparison.

they do want to re-draft him its people on big footy saying otherwise

We will definitely rookie him IMO.

It is by far the best and most sensible avenue for the club to take.

We keep a talented player we've put a lot of work into and can always elevate if required, we pay minimum salary if it goes pear shaped off field. Win/win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Majak list management situation prompts me to raise my same annual bugbear - why clubs can't move a player from the senior to the rookie list with the player's consent?

The AFLPA were obsessed with ensuring the direct routing of cashed up seasoned players to their chosen club but didn't appear to have any concern that every season players are rendered unemployed and uncertain about their destination due to a ridiculous piece of red tape.

The Majak list management situation prompts me to raise my same annual bugbear - why clubs can't move a player from the senior to the rookie list with the player's consent?

The AFLPA were obsessed with ensuring the direct routing of cashed up seasoned players to their chosen club but didn't appear to have any concern that every season players are rendered unemployed and uncertain about their destination due to a ridiculous piece of red tape.

Spot on.

I would be surprised if we don't intend to rookie Maj as some have suggested. I think the real issue is another club taking him before we can.

Either way, whether or not we manage to rookie Maj, I'm all for getting Daniel Gorringe cheap in the PSD.

both of those players were not scraps.

Good Friday, Canberra, Ballarat’s got a new team
Contessa, Liberatore, let's try games in Queensland

Bulldogs didn't start any ideas
They just copied North Melbourne’s
Since the league’s been running

Good Friday, Canberra, Ballarat’s got a new team
Contessa, Liberatore, let's try games in Queensland

Bulldogs didn't start any ideas
They just copied North Melbourne’s
Since the league’s been running
Hobart and Werribee better watch out.

It's a fair bet that Joyce and Scott aren't looking at the list now and saying "oh **** it, we've got no ruckmen".......
Exactly.........and of course the other clubs are probably saying OK Nth Melb are letting him free in this window of opportunity......... But why are they risking losing him?

Probably the clubs finger on the pulse says the pending court trial may go either way. (my read on the situation)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

both of those players were not scraps.
Did Nth have them first? Did we continue to hold onto them?
If it makes you feel better.......we got rid of another Brownlow medalist as well in Brian Wilson.
Back then your club was a pauper begging for scraps, Les Bamphlett, Alan Jachovich.........its history and fact. Move on mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back