1 year wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredible dog act by Clarkson. Aitken was only shaping up at the time and not causing any damage for that to be necessary. Interesting Gleeson chasing seemed to know what was about to happen as he arrived and made similar contact on Clarkson an instant after his king hit. Wayne Johnston then got Clarkson a beauty. It didn't mention Gleeson's report so maybe he got away with his hit.

Aitken was the VFL Rookie of The Year in 1987 and after Clarkson broke his jaw he was never the same again. It was as cheap and gutless as Matthews on Bruns.

The guy who kicked a bag for Richmond and then did nothing since? Well maybe that was more a one game wonder but I forget his name

Wasn't that Juerika or something like that?

How about the Sphincter - Brett Spinks, slower that a glacier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Hollands, showed some promise for Richmond in 1999 - from memory he kicked a great goal from the boundary line with 10 seconds left to get the Tigers home in a game against Freo, unsighted since!

Danny O'Brien is another classic, won Geelong a game against Sydney in 2000 when he took a freakish mark in the goal square running back with the flight of the ball. I don't think he played any games in any other seasons!

And another one that springs to mind was the great Fred Campbell from Sydney. Was showing some enormous promise in 1999 for the swannies, then was traded to Sydney at seasons end where he was unable to recapture any of his form from the previous year.

For sheer Brilliance to carp (doesn't quite fit with the thread but) One Corey McKernan.

Watching him at North and Calrton post 96 was painful. And yes he doesn't quite fit - but he sure did turn to schite from being such an otu and out star

McAdam is the guy I will forever remember as the king of here one minute, gone the next.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 year wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back