NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Superbowl XLV: Piitsburgh Steelers (2) vs Green Bay Packers (6)

Packers have.
Ryan Grant, Jermichael Finlay, Mark Toucher, Nick Barnett, Brad Jones, Morgan Burnett All week 1 starters, and than there are back ups or players that played in different formations like Brandon Chiller, Brady Popinga. and there are more but i cant think of them off my head and after that there are the back ups and replacements that we lost, and there are players like Rodgers and Driver that missed a game this season, we were hit hard by injuries all year and are lucky to of even made the playoffs.

and also Johny Jolly who was suspended for the season for failing a drug test IIRC. but there are like 4 or 5 Dline players we lost aswell as more DB's
So what, you lost 2 good players and a bunch of uesless junk
if it wasn't for Finley, I'd say Pittsburgh's injuries have a bigger impact on their team then yours

They are surely the first team ever to suffer key injuries.

Is it actually a record?

Don't get me wrong, it is a fine effort. But that is what separates good and great teams, the ability to get over injuries, as they WILL happen throughout an NFL season.

Credit to the Packers no doubt greennick. You already know they snaffled Kuhn
after the Steelers picked him up as an undrafted FA in 2005. He appeared in Nine games of the 2006 season after a lengthy spell on the practice squad. The late Myron Cope saw something in Kuhn whilst he was playing for the Steelers. Packers picked him up a day after the Steelers released him in 2008 (March).

Steelers have found their share of diamonds anyway. Harrison of course was released three times by the Steelers in 2002/3. The Ravens even had him on their roster at one stage before he returned back to Pittsburgh. This is what Father Time, 'Potsie' said at the time:
Team captain, James Farrior said, "He was a knucklehead that didn't know the plays. We'd be in practice, in training camp, and he might not know what he doing so he'd just stop and throw his hands up and tell (the coaches) to get him out of there. We thought the guy was crazy."

Only 16?? Dare to name them? I think maybe 4 are starters and the rest back ups.

Steelers have the following on IR:
#74 Willie Colon * T
#10 Denis Dixon * QB
#9 Dan Sepulveda * P
#78 Max Starks * T
#80 Limus Sweed WR
#37 Tuff Harris DB

add
#91 Aaron Smith * DE
and now
#53 Maurkice Pouncey * C

on the unavailable to play list.

As you can see, much of the O-Line is banged up. Back up QB who can play WR is also out. The better Punter who can hit/ tackle. DE Aaron Smith has been out for much of the season due to torn biceps. Unlikely to suit up for Big Dance.

Melbourne's Herald Sun (the NFL experts paper on the eve of the Supabah):rolleyes::rolleyes: are jumping on the Packers overloaded bandwagon already. :)

#56 Nick barnett - LB
#88 Jermichael finley - TE
#25 Ryan grant - RB
#65 mark toucher - T
#59 Brad jones - LB

Justin harrell - DE
Mike neal - DE

#54 Brandon chiller - LB
#51 Brady poppinga - LB

#42 Morgan burnett - S
#27 Anthony smith - S

#41 Spencer havner - TE

Nick barnett having been the leader of that front 7 for aslong as ive known the pack went down in round 4 but desmond bishop has done more than anyone expected, we all know ryan grant went down before the season leaving a big whole (which people are hoping starks has finally filled). finley went in round 5 which left a big hole for rodgers in the passing game which is the one place been hard to replace even tho quarless has done not to bad, mark touscher being one of the bookends on the o-line gone round 4,(thankfully first round pick bulaga has stepped in passable). Brad jones the last starter as an olb, he went down after 5 or 6 games, backups poppinga and chiller followed him which left to undrafted rookie waldren which has been impactful the last few games. In addition atari bigby has missed half the season which gave 2nd round rookie morgan burnett a shot and he went down for the year which gave peprah a whole lot of gametime which now is doing well to keep his spot and with harrel and mike neal inactive the defensive line has had games where they'v had no more back ups and forced players to play every snaps. They are the main players there is another 3 or 4 not so meaningful names. i for one hasnt used injuries as an excuse and will continue to not but we've had our fair share. not to say any other teams dont. But with what they have had thrown there way the team has continued to play at a high level and players filling in have staked there claim which is credit to them and the team.

So what, you lost 2 good players and a bunch of uesless junk
if it wasn't for Finley, I'd say Pittsburgh's injuries have a bigger impact on their team then yours

i tell you what ive bit my tongue but you can say some pretty useless uneducated stuff! All ive heard is the downgrade of other teams and particularly green bay in accordance to the absolute greatness of atlanta!

They are surely the first team ever to suffer key injuries.

Is it actually a record?

Don't get me wrong, it is a fine effort. But that is what separates good and great teams, the ability to get over injuries, as they WILL happen throughout an NFL season.

Exactly mate! as i said before i dont use them as an excuse and i dont like people who continuely do so. great teams will overcome then and lesser teams will use them as an excuse. and IMO i believe green bay have done a very good job and they deserve to be where they are

i tell you what ive bit my tongue but you can say some pretty useless uneducated stuff! !
says the guy overrating his own team :rolleyes:

Finley's good, and so is barnett

you might be able to convince me of Burnett

but the rest is junk

i tell you what ive bit my tongue but you can say some pretty useless uneducated stuff! All ive heard is the downgrade of other teams and particularly green bay in accordance to the absolute greatness of atlanta!

LMAO

**picturing a 4x2 getting struck over DB's head** :D:D

says the guy overrating his own team :rolleyes:

Finley's good, and so is barnett

you might be able to convince me of Burnett

but the rest is junk

If getting into a superbowl is overrating then im done, look im not even going to try argue about players, i guess my point i was saying is we've lost 5-6 opening day starters and IMO were pretty valuable to us. to then throw the jobs to undrafted rookies like frank zombo erik walden, to play the season with 3rd 4th string players for the bulk of the season they have done very well to fulfill what alot of people were stating at the start of the season. i for one didnt honestly think we would come this far, and couldnt believe so many people did. but i must be overrating my own team seeing there suiting up to a superbowl and backing up where alot of people thought we'd be.

If getting into a superbowl is overrating then im done, look im not even going to try argue about players, i guess my point i was saying is we've lost 5-6 opening day starters and IMO were pretty valuable to us. to then throw the jobs to undrafted rookies like frank zombo erik walden, to play the season with 3rd 4th string players for the bulk of the season they have done very well to fulfill what alot of people were stating at the start of the season. i for one didnt honestly think we would come this far, and couldnt believe so many people did. but i must be overrating my own team seeing there suiting up to a superbowl and backing up where alot of people thought we'd be.

And on top of that...here's another interesting stat for those of you under estimating the Packers. They have never trailed by more than 7 points all year. That is very impressive and shows that they were more consistent than their record indicates. RESPECT.

I know I do and I dearly hope D LeBeau does to. What's the definition of respect then?? Don't hurt him...or blitz him much?? pffft!! More like treat him as the GREATEST EVER QB to play the game ever and HUNT him down without holding back. Rogers game will easily determine the result. If he gets flustered and makes mistakes that turns the ball over, that could be enough for the Steelers to capitalize. Working the clock, playing old fashioned SMASHMOUTH football that will keep Rogers on the pine and the Packers D out on their feet esp in the second half. I'd like to see TWO drives of 14minutes in total with hopefully 14 pts outcome for the Steelers.

Worst thing for the Steelers is giving up an early turnover/s and the Packers converting those turnovers to points, something like 21pt lead before HT. That's how you beat the Steelers... putting pressure on Big Ben and keeping the running game grounded. Burning Question is whether the GB D can arrest the Steelers RUN and force Big Ben to throw on 3rd & long. The Jets couldn't overcome this at the end.

God I hope the Packers win. Rodgers is a most admirable player. Plus anything to stop hearing about Sevenburgh stuff, and the onset of *the* most bandwagon'd team in NFL history at that point. If Woodson ever wanted super-powers to peer into souls and find bandwagoners, and have them all shot, he could fly to the US in March and line up Steelers fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The offense, particularly the running game, did about zilch after Pouncey went off.

Taking the piss outta me obviously? That's quite admirable Z man. :D

Would you be SHOCKED if I told you Menders had over 90 yards after Pouncey got hurt and left the field (6.28 1Q) ?

Not convinced.. CHECK it out

God I hope the Packers win. Rodgers is a most admirable player. Plus anything to stop hearing about Sevenburgh stuff, and the onset of *the* most bandwagon'd team in NFL history at that point. If Woodson ever wanted super-powers to peer into souls and find bandwagoners, and have them all shot, he could fly to the US in March and line up Steelers fans.

Can't say I disagree either. ;) It's one thing to get excited about your team making the Supabah which I can handle the fans' excitement of pushing for the Steelers' Seventh NFL title but it's really disturbing when any of those younger fans need to remind other fans of other teams about 'how many?' :rolleyes: esp when these fans were oblivious to/ not born when the 70's dynasty occured. Likewise to Collingwood fans... I remind all that they sIMPLY can't talk to me about following a successful team regards to Premierships when only '2' is their REAL QUOTA. :p

I'm only celebrated TWO NFL Championships also. If a third one eventuates, just a bonus really. If the Packers win, I'd feel upmost 'excited for' the likes of Balmainforever & Fuey who I know are true "bona Fide" Packer fans who I know and respect. Can't say too much about others. When the Cards got close in XLIII, I was elated (read RELIEVED!!) but somewhat devestated for the likes of Wizard. (Poor bloke can't take a trick :(). That's why you have to be humble. Not a dick.

Unfortunately in the USA.. most team fans don't mix/ know of opposition fans so they just have that HATE HATE HATE/ utter disrespectful mentality. No compassion whatsoever. It's a ONE TEAM town. I wouldn't want to be in Pittsburgh this week. Too overwelming. :thumbsdown:

I'm only celebrated TWO NFL Championships also. If a third one eventuates, just a bonus really. If the Packers win, I'd feel upmost 'excited for' the likes of Balmainforever & Fuey who I know are true "bona Fide" Packer fans who I know and respect

much respect for that :thumbsu:

Can't believe we're a week away from the Superbowl already. Feels like last week I was watching Saints-Vikings to start the season. Man the NFL season goes quick.

Can't believe we're a week away from the Superbowl already. Feels like last week I was watching Saints-Vikings to start the season. Man the NFL season goes quick.

I agree... feels like yesterday I was in the USA.. beautiful weather and the anticipation of the NFL season opener on the horizon as I was reading USA Today on my flight from Chicago to Pittsburgh. Almost caught the wrong flight too..( on a couple occasions) :eek::eek::eek: that would of been something.. :D:D

Personally I think Mendenhall will win the Superbowl MVP. I just love watching this guy like he is the ball inside a pinball machine. He hits one guy, bounces off them andthen hits another till he reaches his destination - the endzone. It's lights up, loud obnoxious music and celebrations all round.

Taking the piss outta me obviously? That's quite admirable Z man. :D

Would you be SHOCKED if I told you Menders had over 90 yards after Pouncey got hurt and left the field (6.28 1Q) ?

Not convinced.. CHECK it out
Ah true true. I just remembered the first 10 minutes of the game took about 30 minutes to get though and confused myself!

Re: Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers

I think its an amazing stat that the Packers have never trailed by more than 7 points in any game this season..for a team that had 6 losses, that kind of astonishes me.

anyway.

My Superbowl Tip is Heath Miller

Unfortunately in the USA.. most team fans don't mix/ know of opposition fans so they just have that HATE HATE HATE/ utter disrespectful mentality. No compassion whatsoever. It's a ONE TEAM town. I wouldn't want to be in Pittsburgh this week. Too overwelming. :thumbsdown:

I always found Steeler fans to be very good to opposition supporters. When I was there for the Jets game, I was speaking to the door man from our NY apartment. He is a huge Jets fan and goes to any game within a 10 hour drive of NY. He was saying of anywhere he's been, Pittsburgh had the most courteous fans. They love their team, but they're mainly nice about it and just really love football. However, if you go on the internets, there are some real dick fans out there. I am yet to work out if that is because many of those people are bandwagoners or if it is a phenomenon due to the anonymity of the internets. Probably both.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back