Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

I too think he is showing more and more with every game.

He isn't going to break a lot of games but man, will he fix them.

Well put sixth lizard.

Good to see him get a chance to have an impact on a game outside his defensive role in the packs and he showed some class in the process. Can't wait to see what he is like at 24.

Loved his game today, seems to really be enjoying his footy at the moment.

Foe's will shake in terror when they see the Honey Badger Waddle toward them in the future.

I've not for one second doubted him. He's attitude is supreme and that's why he will be a star. He was special today -very hard man to tackle

I've waited a while for this and gritted my teeth while the usual haters have bagged Benny.

Well he is getting better and better every week and is now showing why he was number 4 pick in his draft.

Was very very good today. Strong around the contests, breaking tackles, reads it well and is going to be a star for the NMFC for a long while.
:rolleyes:

There are a few forms of haters

There are the ones who will hate a player regardless of form eg Spurk,

and there are ones who will bag a player while they are playing bad, shut up and won't admit player is playing well but will start up again when player is in a slump eg ZondorFishNipChoke.

There are a few forms of haters

There are the ones who will hate a player regardless of form eg Spurk,

and there are ones who will bag a player while they are playing bad, shut up and won't admit player is playing well but will start up again when player is in a slump eg ZondorFishNipChoke.
Hate is the law, love under will.
Hate is their law, love under will.
With slight of their Firmhand.
With the might of their Firmhand.
With slight of their Firmhand.
And deviancy is cleansed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the biggest thing he is lacking now is leg speed. I'd live to see him work on that aspect of his game over the next two years. If he can get that little bit quicker, he would have a lot more time. Been really impressed with his decision making and his handbills in close are exceptional

He has the best hands at the club. The way he controls the ball with one hand in a pack and place the ball to our advantage is first class.

Just because posters query a player doesn't = a hater.

No, it simply highlights a lack of football knowledge. Particularly in the area that pertains to young footballers.

Certain folks around here would do their credibilities a large favor in future if they whined less, developed a better understanding of junior footballers and combined that with a little more patience.

No, it simply highlights a lack of football knowledge. Particularly in the area that pertains to young footballers.

Certain folks around here would do their credibilities a large favor in future if they whined less, developed a better understanding of junior footballers and combined that with a little more patience.

OP changed to read doubters rather than haters (although some doubters exhibit attributes of haters).

Also changed draft position from 4 to 5. Thanks Boozroo. :thumbsu:

Words of wisdom there from Old Skool.

He plays on the edge a bit and that in itself shows great quality. Confidence in his timing of when and where to play that style is improving.

Great hands for the mark in the pocket in the 3rd. Bit by bit is blossoming into a reliable player and will be so much more than that in years to come.

would love a tape of Cunners touches last night. I thought he was one of a few good, consistent players over the game.

Ben has been in our best 3 the past 2 weeks which is great. Nobody wanted him sacked (which would be hating), people (me, mainly) wanted him to earn his spot. He now certainly has and I have had him in the MVP votes past 2, which does harm to the hater arguement.

Wanting our best 22 named isn't hating, it's wanting to win every game.

Hopefully Tazza is afforded the same love for his next 25 senior games, regardless of performance. He should be afforded 35 games grace, just like Ben. We are no good this year so whats the harm.

Certainly playing his best patch of footy to date. Has been great since and including GWS. Still has plenty of work to do but the signs are there. He has under performed to date and there is nothing wrong with querying whe someone is at rather than having blind faith that they will make it. Anyway I think everyone's happy he is finding the footy and having a tangible impact on games:thumbsu:

I've often struggled to see it with Ben even from his u18 days but yesterday started to see the player that will be.

Really has some nice pose under pressure and is a bit of a magician with some of his inside work. Think his hard reputation is overstated, don't think his natural game is a punish the opponent one.

However his real selling point is winning the ball and vision and it was solid yesterday. Coming around to his compact kicking style to it does seem effective. His OH marking is coming thru too though he did have this as a junior.

Starting to breath easier we don't have the next Brock McLean on our hands (coincidentally also a pick 5).

I've often struggled to see it with Ben even from his u18 days but yesterday started to see the player that will be.

Really has some nice pose under pressure and is a bit of a magician with some of his inside work. Think his hard reputation is overstated, don't think his natural game is a punish the opponent one.

However his real selling point is winning the ball and vision and it was solid yesterday. Coming around to his compact kicking style to it does seem effective. His OH marking is coming thru too though he did have this as a junior.

Starting to breath easier we don't have the next Brock McLean on our hands (coincidentally also a pick 5).

Agree. His strength will be more of an asset, rather than a WMD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back