Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

The overhead marking ability is priceless.

I'm not saying he will be as good as Bartel but I'm saying he has that very similar overhead attribute.

His marking is exceptional. Three contested grabs today.

He needs more minutes. Only averaging 66% TOG for the year. His numbers in all areas are great if you take that into account.

Apart from Swallow's work ethic he was the positive out the game. Will be a fantastic player and all the shit he copped about being too slow in decision making is now becoming clear. He just needed to get up with the pace of AFL football. His decision making is great. And please keep him on the forward part of the ground.

Ben Cunnington vs WCE
12 Kicks 3 HB - 15D- 7 Contested
73% Disposal Efficiency
0 Clangers
6 marks- 3 contested, 2 Mi50
4 Clearances
1 i50, 2 R50
5 Tackles
1 1%er
3 Goals
67% ToG

Great game today, has really adjusted over the preseason and we're seeing dividends

Very happy with Ben. Playing really well uses the ball when he gets it and has a lovely pair of hands. Hope he keeps getting better.

His marking is exceptional. Three contested grabs today.

He needs more minutes. Only averaging 66% TOG for the year. His numbers in all areas are great if you take that into account.

Yep, needs endurance though... he'll get the time when he can run it out..

Very happy with him today!

Coming along nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every game gets better and better as he gets fitter and fitter.

Apart from Swallow's work ethic he was the positive out the game. Will be a fantastic player and all the shit he copped about being too slow in decision making is now becoming clear. He just needed to get up with the pace of AFL football. His decision making is great. And please keep him on the forward part of the ground.

This :thumbsu:

Kid is going to be a star. His inside work is a marvel to watch, how clean his hands are with the ball. After adding a few more preseasons under his belt, his size and ball reading ability will be elite in the competition.

He is already starting to play like someone who has at least 50 games under his belt.
He has advanced much further along then some of our kids from last year.

Let's hope the other kids can follow his example from here on out.

having a year similar Ziebells last year in that he has strung a couple of games together that have made me think, it's one of the better games he has played...

I hope he continues the same subtle improvement each week

Operation: "Become Jimmy Bartel" is running smoothly : )

A truly natural footballer.

I hope they don't stuff him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back