Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was very very good tonight. He created space for our runners, uses his body to give himself time and 9 times out of ten chooses the best option to dish off a handball. His tackling work was what most impressed me.

Resting Jack on the HFF is also a good option for us, he reminds me of how Arch used to play when switched to the forward line.

61210.jpg

I'm going to put up my hand and admit that I couldn't see him making it in the AFL landscape. He has always had creative hands, but I thought he was never reactive enough. Man was I wrong, like I said previously, with tonight's effort, I can actuelly see why Brad Scott rates him as our best midfielder going forward. He's been great in the last few weeks, but tonight was the break out permanence of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an aside note (not that we should be complaining) that holding the ball decision against him was appalling. He seems to get a couple against him every week (some very dubious in my opinion). The best part about it is that he has still a mountain of improvement left in him.

Beast...never doubted him. He certainly has stepped it up of late and clearly was massive holding the Pies up tonight. Damn i love watching our boys..... all of them!

We would have played finals in 2010 and 2011.

Ahh Tef, your best is top-class, your worst is meh.

Cunners has lifted. I feel he understands that he knows how hard he has to work to play at senior level.

To one of Tef's better concepts, the unbeatable Meat Grinder. :thumbsu:

We would have played finals in 2010 and 2011.
You know you're probably right. We very well could have played finals with those extra senior bodies in either or both of those years, but to be honest I think in hindsight we are in better stead now having not done that. Scott was thinking long term, and amazingly its coming together quicker then even he expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back