Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cunnington
24 Disposals
11 Contested
75% disposal efficiency
4 Clangers
4 Marks
4 i50s
2 R50s
1 Free against
11 tackles
1 goal assist
and the free against was a joke.

Took the ball, no prios opportunity, grabbed by 3 opponents, ball held to him. Clear ball-up, same as the other 30-odd times the same thing happen ed.

Yet the peanuts decided to pay a free?????

:p:p:p

Love it that the above players are showing why BON has put so much faith in them.

Over the past few years all of them have been heavily criticised unnecessarily. All of them have stood up over the last 8-10 weeks and it has been very impressive, it really has turned our fortunes around

This where the improvement has come from and they all deserve a bit of credit along with guys like McMillan and Gibson.

He monstered it tonight, I don't know what he does but time seems to slow down when he has the ball, someone coming at him and that little shuffle of the feet to dodge while never taking his eyes off the target. Brilliant to watch tonight

It's like he's in slow motion in heavy traffic. Amazing.

Would love some vision of his inside work tonight. giantroo, you there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want some evidence of how good he was always gonna be?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/10-ben-cunnington.656533/

Agree.

I reckon Ben will end up being our best inside midfielder, but as a power player people need to realise that he is going to take longer than a gut runner like Bastinac to start impacting on matches. I expect it to be another 24 months before Ben really starts to impact on matches, and by the time he is 24-25 he will be monstering opposition midfields.

Outstanding analysis.

Never did I doubt him. His attitude is first class - that's half the battle. He's something special

:p:p:p

Love it that the above players are showing why BON has put so much faith in them.

Over the past few years all of them have been heavily criticised unnecessarily. All of them have stood up over the last 8-10 weeks and it has been very impressive, it really has turned our fortunes around

This where the improvement has come from and they all deserve a bit of credit along with guys like McMillan and Gibson.

LOL. You forgot to add that we need to put a fork in Bon too!!!

Taz will be a beast in 2 years.

Superior leading patterns, booming kick and an attack on the ball where he is only just realising he can monster the opposition.

Hansell could be the best grab in the league once he believes in himself.

Loogie is STILL out of form marking wise. At his best his extended dukes are even better than dish's, he takes a very good grab and I can't wait for it to all click soon.

and the free against was a joke.

Took the ball, no prios opportunity, grabbed by 3 opponents, ball held to him. Clear ball-up, same as the other 30-odd times the same thing happen ed.

Yet the peanuts decided to pay a free?????

They've got it in for him but he'll work through it. Most other players get latitude when they're standing up and taking possession in the clinches.

We got two of our worst enemies tonight but overall they weren't too bad. That said, I still reckon it was easier to get a soft free if you were wearing black and white.

They've got it in for him but he'll work through it. Most other players get latitude when they're standing up and taking possession in the clinches.

We got two of our worst enemies tonight but overall they weren't too bad. That said, I still reckon it was easier to get a soft free if you were wearing black and white.
It seems that making a genuine attempt is less genuine than not making a genuine attempt. Stupid free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back