Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if kerch will ever have the power game of reid or even corn fracess for that matter but with his manouverability does it even matter when he is beside wardlaw. Why go through a pack when you can cut around it, then when your out few are catching you.
Can you imagine Colby taking off for a bounce or 2, looking over his shoulder, and seeing Judas in pursuit, would be better than Buddy v Cale Hooker

Can you imagine Colby taking off for a bounce or 2, looking over his shoulder, and seeing Judas in pursuit, would be better than Buddy v Cale Hooker
except corn frances wouldn't be in pursuit. dont like to chase,

seriously though i actually think going forward corn frances will be played mostly in the fwd line and occasional centre, much like degoey,

except corn frances wouldn't be in pursuit. dont like to chase,

seriously though i actually think going forward corn frances will be played mostly in the fwd line and occasional centre, much like degoey,
Only NCJ is going to stop NCJ from becoming Port’s best player. He’s a freak player, but a shit bloke to boot.

I feel for nn who said back 2002 that you need pace to be successful under the roof at the roofed stadium.

And oh ****en no, North knew better, drafted every tough inside footballer that we could and why. nn would tell you why, because they're the type that have the North blood in their system.

Well the penny has dropped and guys like the *son of Farquhar will carry us to great victories over our enemies.

Like them Poort campaigners for example.

*I googled the meaning behind the name McKercher.

I also googled the family name Dumont. it means " of the mountain ". And trent moved about as quickly as a blardy mountain.

Just sayin.

It's been a long time, but I can't ever recall seeing multiple players with 30+ disposals for us in a game across a season. It's all coming together. We won't be easy beats next year.
Our ball control at critical junctures on the weekend was the best it’s been. Our ability to know when to pull the trigger and when to be methodical was fantastic. This partly led to the high disposal counts.

Our ball control at critical junctures on the weekend was the best it’s been. Our ability to know when to pull the trigger and when to be methodical was fantastic. This partly led to the high disposal counts.
this is the result of displacing jorneymen with footballers, you actually reach a tipping point where collectively you can accumulate possession strings without fubles and turnovers.

TBF the way the game is played now 30 possessions is nothing. 30 is the new 20.
There is only 5 players in the league that average 30+ disposals a game. Did there used to only be 5 players in the league that averaged 20+ disposals? What year was this? Colby is the only rising star eligible player to be averaging 20+, he has 22 and that counts the game he got injured immediately in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is only 5 players in the league that average 30+ disposals a game. Did there used to only be 5 players in the league that averaged 20+ disposals? What year was this? Colby is the only rising star eligible player to be averaging 20+, he has 22 and that counts the game he got injured immediately in.
Lol

You kind of twisted my narrative a bit.

FWIW I wasn’t down grading Colby’s performance specifically.

And I never mentioned averages per players. Usually in every game there will more than x1 player per team that hits 30 and we don’t batt an eyelid as apposed to years gone by.

Averages 25.9 disposals per game excluding his 1 disposal game he got subbed.

Averages 25.9 disposals per game excluding his 1 disposal game he got subbed.
his nickname should be stealth bomber the amount of flying under the radar he's done

we've been so spoilt with Sheezel we've become a bit blasé about this kid. 37 disposals and that kick to Larkey after more bounces than a kids bouncy castle , plus averaging as you say 26 disposals.
we might have dodged a bullet by winning the last game last year & not takin Reid :cool:

Such a shame the slip, ended up costing 2 goals as they scored again seconds after, just unlucky
It happens. If you want a player to be attacking and taking risks, you have to accept that sometimes the risk will backfire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back