Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your service to the AFL team, Luke.

But we've decided to go in a different direction.

We wish you the best of luck with McDonald events...

Seriously though he is no worse than taylor, laz and the conga line of other blokes that should be playing vfl. Problem is we have so many to churn through.
And seriously no better either. Just we've endured 200 odd games of him

Thanks for your service to the AFL team, Luke.

But we've decided to go in a different direction.

We wish you the best of luck with McDonald events...
So what your saying this will happen after the 2026 season when his contract is up.
His going nowhere and us as supporters will have to put up with it.

So what your saying this will happen after the 2026 season when his contract is up.
His going nowhere and us as supporters will have to put up with it.

Yep Luke is going nowhere.

Will probably still be captain next year too

bad-movies-rule-good-movies-rule.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If McDonald is still captain or even part of the leadership group in 2025 I will genuinely cancel my membership.

I've been a member for nearly 20 consecutive years.

I am deadly serious.

If McDonald is still captain or even part of the leadership group in 2025 I will genuinely cancel my membership.

I've been a member for nearly 20 consecutive years.

I am deadly serious.
Probably 40 years of membership here with a gap in the 80s but for the first time ever my membership(donation) will be dependent on an off field action. Namely what they do with the captaincy. LMac out of any leadership role and make him earn his spot. That would be a start.

I hope the retirement rumours are true.
Please be true.

I cannot hack watching this bloke run around in the jumper any longer.

Its not his fault he has a deal to 2026 which is why if McDonald goes then Rawling goes with him.

Please just f***ing end it. Someone

Simpkin was our best player yesterday.
Pretty much a dead rubber though, as shown by the number of blokes with the cue in the rack. You don't lose your ability, just get slower .... and this magnifies flaws, imo. He is 2 yards off, again, imo.

Pretty much a dead rubber though, as shown by the number of blokes with the cue in the rack. You don't lose your ability, just get slower .... and this magnifies flaws, imo. He is 2 yards off, again, imo.
No one gets slower at his age unless they have significant injuries. (THis applies to head injuries too.)

No one gets slower at his age unless they have significant injuries. (THis applies to head injuries too.)
More precisely, imo, the game changes and the kids come through. That combination, along with injuries, can make him seem slower, or be slower in comparison as the game has sped up. That he wins our time trials is more an indictment on the rest of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back