Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko will be doing the off-season axing imo. He'll drop him for the 1st game of 2025 and won't look back...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with this.

I’m yet to see the slightest bit of evidence that the hierarchy think he’s anything other than locked in best 18.

Anyone who thinks this is changing anytime soon is far more optimistic than I am.

I suppose I'm an optimist, then.

Clarko has form for making the hard calls on great club servants.

Sad that if he’s not noticed its a good thing.

Amazes me how a professional footballer can miss a regulation pass by 30 metres under no pressure.

2 more weeks until this shitcampaigner gets the captaincy taken off him and sees out his days in the VFL.

F*** sentiment. Time to win games of football.
As long as the players get to vote on a captain he be it thus he will continue to play in the AFL with the knowledge his never going to be dropped .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you look back at the replay after the costly turnover, Allen kicks the goal and McDonald just puts his hand out to apologise to his teammates and say sorry and then just goes and lines up next to his man.

Psychologically this is catastrophic for a young team because he’s the captain.

The standard setter cannot be failing at basic simple fundamentals and then in the next play, having to enforce those standards. Footy doesn’t work that way.

And this is why we have such terrible performances.

If the captain can continually make poor mistakes and not have to own it, then everyone can make mistakes and not have to own it.
He won’t be dropped whereas anyone else would find their spot in jeopardy.

And so the shit show continues, rinse and repeat.

We’re all led to believe that change is coming. Pray it does.

Didn’t they say on the midweek tackle that we will revert to a single captain next year? If so that for sure means that Luke doesn’t continue as captain

Didn’t they say on the midweek tackle that we will revert to a single captain next year? If so that for sure means that Luke doesn’t continue as captain
who ever it is if it isnt shezel they are just keeping the seat warm because sheezle has more leadership in his little finger than anyone else on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back