List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be, it is really quite difficult selling a club that let through 46 goals the last fortnight of the H&A season.
46 goals !!!

crikey
Jokes on those two teams that flogged us. Couldn’t even hit 50 goals between them. I’d be embarrassed if I supported either of those clubs

Interesting that a lot of people are supportive of Darling to provide leadership.
I have it on very, very good authority that he is not popular with fellow players at WC, that his wife is an overbearing and contentious figure (shades of Ben Brown) and that senior officials at WC just want him gone.

Interesting that a lot of people are supportive of Darling to provide leadership.
I have it on very, very good authority that he is not popular with fellow players at WC, that his wife is an overbearing and contentious figure (shades of Ben Brown) and that senior officials at WC just want him gone.
Is darling even a leader? Can’t say I’ve observed it/ever paid much attention. Or are we attributing being ancient as a trait of leadership?

Without taking into account contract situations, I'd be pretty confident that at least 10 of them would be gone, maybe even more. I'm hoping that the 50-50's would only be depth players at that stage (unless they improve significantly)

Gone: Mcdonald, K.Dawson, Shiels (obviously), Pink and Teakle.

Highly Likely Gone: Phillips & RJH

50-50: Corr, Stephens, Fisher & Tucker
Corr 50/50. Come off it

Speaking of changing shit up. As you're someone whose views are well respected around here, the below side without naming names.
How many do you feel will be gone by seasons end 2026.

View attachment 2106746

Hate speaking for someone else but need to on this occasion as we've had no movement at Arden Station... but Naturally, can we have some involvement to keep things interesting for us mere peasants!?

0-4 -retract my statement, you shouldn't be respected.

4-8 -club apologist/koolaid drinker.

8-10 -know your shit, Koolaid within reach though.

11 -The correct answer. probably

12 JFC, We really are without hope.

13-16 - sack 'em all including weird guitar playing Al.

Last edited:
What do our three new recruits Parker, Macrae and Owies look like in North colours . Any photo shop people here

oOfQiB8.jpg

WC posters are happy for him to move on, but praise his professionalism and training standards.

So, who knows. Ben Brown kicked goals too.

corr will be 33 in 2026. I’d say 50/50 is absolutely the right call
Cutting blokes due to age is minimum 15% of the reason we're in this mess. Imagine if Jy, Souv and CZ got multiple seasons with Boomer, and a season or two with Spud and/or Dal Santo. Corr will be 33 in 2027 and does a solid bloody job when up and running, with a braindead mistake here and there. More like 70-30 imo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we get the same outcome.

Fiesty wife = Covid year premiership

AFL trade news: Jack Macrae requests trade away from Western Bulldogs
Bailey Smith isn’t the only Dog looking for a new home after the 2024 season, after a premiership star joined him in asking to be traded after a frustrating season.
Jon Ralph

2 min read
September 10, 2024 - 5:26PM

Triple All-Australian and premiership hero Jackson Macrae is the third star Western Bulldogs midfielder to request a trade in two years after he was handed an increasingly diminished role in Luke Beveridge’s midfield.
Macrae on Tuesday told the Bulldogs he wanted out despite a contract for three more seasons to 2027 that is due to see him paid $2 million across those three years.
He has sniffed the wind after being demoted from vice-captain and losing his spot in the leadership group altogether this year, then being pushed out of the club’s starting midfield.
Macrae was the sub four times and had two stints in the VFL, with the last straw starting in the subs vest and receiving only 38 minutes of game time against Hawthorn in the elimination final.
He replaced Rising Star nominee Harvey Gallagher after his young Dogs teammate had won only five possessions in 60 minutes of game time.
But he would have also heeded the call of his coach Luke Beveridge’s early-season message when he said the team had to “evolve”, as the premiership coach said there was only a finite amount of time to give inside midfielders.

Only three years ago the triple All Australian was the Gary Ayres Medallist, judged the player of the finals as the Dogs won through to the Grand Final, collecting 36, 39, 36 and 26 possessions across four September contests.
Top ten draftee Bailey Smith asked for a trade on Monday as he moves to Geelong, with the Dogs also losing star midfielder Josh Dunkley to Brisbane two years ago.
The Dogs plan to play Tasmanian midfielder Ryley Sanders as a prominent midfielder next year, with Ed Richards also playing a prominent role as an inside mid after moving from the half back flank.
But with Tom Liberatore’s career in doubt at times in 2024 through concussion issues, the Dogs were keen to retain Macrae for midfield depth.
The club could not be more complimentary about his leadership and manner in which he has handled himself despite the challenging circumstances of his 2024 season.
He came into the year with a hamstring injury and after starting the season in the VFL finally got back into the side in round three.
But he was dropped again late in the season before returning to the seniors, only to be sub in rounds 19 and 23 before the elimination finals sub role.
He has not nominated a new club but given his leadership and quality ball use he will have suitors, even if they might believe they can secure him for a later pick given the salary he is due.

Fellow All Australian Caleb Daniel is yet to make a decision on his future.
He was the sub in rounds 20-22 for a total of seven appearances as the sub in his 16 AFL games, with Daniel also playing eight VFL games.
Beveridge made no apologies for evolving his midfield this year as Gallagher, Richards and Sanders all got more midfield time and Macrae was relegated to the subs vest.
“We’ve been punched out in an elimination final a couple of years ago and we missed finals last year. We have to evolve and we have to make sure we get experience into the likes of Ryley Sanders and Harvey Gallagher,” he said.
“I suppose there’s not an infinite amount of midfield time we can throw around. We’ve probably done that in the past, where we didn’t have the players who can play those forward and wing roles accordingly. So it’s meant there’s pressure through the team for spots and that’s what’s transpired. Based on last week, Jack did OK, but this was the week for him to be sub.”

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back