Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he. and was he? I feel like I saw twice as much of PC as him. To me it looked like he sort of just hung around the fringes for most of the year. I'm not shitty about the contract because it's obvious he's a physical specimen who could be a ****ing gun for 20 of 23 games, but I was definitely disappointed with him this year
The first game I saw this year he kicked three goals but was very poor in terms of working for his team mates and every time I saw him after he was better, except for the last game of the year.

PC did get a higher place in the count and that probably reflects what you said about seeing more of him.

Great speech by Luke last night. Particularly the parts, imploring the players to come back fitter, and when watching the finals series this September, for the players to envisage it being themselves out there in the big moments at a packed MCG.

Great speech by Luke last night. Particularly the parts, imploring the players to come back fitter, and when watching the finals series this September, for the players to envisage it being themselves out there in the big moments at a packed MCG.
He did speak well, but that kind of speech is more for the stakeholders in my opinion.

If I was a player and Lance Whitnall told me to drop some weight over the off season I might roll my eyes a little.

Should LMac comes back in ripping condition I'd be very pleased for him and the positive impact that would have, unfortunately I'm still expecting him to be on his haunches after the very first contest of the season.

He did speak well, but that kind of speech is more for the stakeholders in my opinion.

If I was a player and Lance Whitnall told me to drop some weight over the off season I might roll my eyes a little.

Should LMac comes back in ripping condition I'd be very pleased for him and the positive impact that would have, unfortunately I'm still expecting him to be on his haunches after the very first contest of the season.
If he can come back and hit 20 - 40M targets with his left peg and his eyes shut, then that would be a very good start. I’m not sure if his inability to do this consistently in the regular season is between his ears, or just a shite technique. In any case talk is cheap and let’s see if he is up for the challenge as a player (not as Captain).

Interesting that he made the captain’s speech, I’m assuming Jy didn’t speak. Maybe luke is the chosen one. Hope not.
He will be sole Captain next year and since he made the Top 10 which is embarrassing as I believe he played only 3 half decent games.
The players I feel sorry for are Goater,Bergman and Hardeham no way will any of those 3 will play in the same side as him so those players development will go down hill.
McDonald is now a list clogger but will play AFL in 2025 and wouldn’t surprise me he gets a 2 year extension sometime in 2025.
But I look at this way supporters of this club are nothing to the board and our opinions on any social platform’s means nothing so we’ll just have to just suck it up.
Hay it must feel good no matter how many times you F:ck up on the field you will be protected by your Dad’s mates.

He will be sole Captain next year and since he made the Top 10 which is embarrassing as I believe he played only 3 half decent games.
The players I feel sorry for are Goater,Bergman and Hardeham no way will any of those 3 will play in the same side as him so those players development will go down hill.
McDonald is now a list clogger but will play AFL in 2025 and wouldn’t surprise me he gets a 2 year extension sometime in 2025.
But I look at this way supporters of this club are nothing to the board and our opinions on any social platform’s means nothing so we’ll just have to just suck it up.
Hay it must feel good no matter how many times you F:ck up on the field you will be protected by your Dad’s mates.
Quite the dire prediction… I liked the other one where he actually retired. 😞

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The level of disrespect for this bloke on this forum full of fat never-was-beens and nuffies is astonishing.

OK, the bloke has limitations but the cowardly pot shots he cops from here is now totally unacceptable. And don't retort with the line of 'but its my opinion, and this forum is opinions'.

Idiots. You should feel ashamed.

The level of disrespect for this bloke on this forum full of fat never-was-beens and nuffies is astonishing.

OK, the bloke has limitations but the cowardly pot shots he cops from here is now totally unacceptable. And don't retort with the line of 'but its my opinion, and this forum is opinions'.

Idiots. You should feel ashamed.
Piss off Donald. He’s a fraud.

Bergman is not very good

Goater was and will be in our best 22 when fit

Hardeman is the one that should replace lmac soon

You're the salmon that jumps on the hook for you.

Your rather intelligent response just proves my point.
I dont support leaders who laugh and smile when they lose. He’s a massive issue and until he is out we will continue to be a mess. He isn’t a leaders arseh*le. He’s a suburban footballer. He is not a shinboner. We should NEVER have drafted him.

Last edited:
I dont support leaders who laugh and smile when they lose. He’s a massive issue and until he is out we will continue to be a mess. He isn’t a leaders arseh*le. He’s a suburban footballer. He is not a shinboner
Harsh but true. We are hard on certain players but it's totally unacceptable for leaders and experienced players to continually start the season looking half fit.

Harsh but true. We are hard on certain players but it's totally unacceptable for leaders and experienced players to continually start the season looking half fit.
If anyone supports our clown captains they are accepting of the mediocrity and the complete failure of our team. They dont get to complain, they dont get to whinge. They’re happy with where we are at.

It is quite special thinking on your part to believe that the board of directors should take your social media opinions on team selection directly to the match committee and demand changes. This sort of thinking is normally reserved for Essendon supporters. No other club supporters are so deluded to think their opinions about team selection should actually count.

If anyone supports our clown captains they are accepting of the mediocrity and the complete failure of our team. They dont get to complain, they dont get to whinge. They’re happy with where we are at.

You can't gate keep who can and can't complain or why they complain.

if people could do that this board would be silent give the sheer volume of shit takes that get posted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back