Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 7x All-Australian, 2x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be on track for AA #7 at this stage, you'd think?
Totally.

If Grundy keeps performing okay it might be another 2 ruck year? I haven’t watched closely enough. He (Max I mean) decidedly has the measure of Tim English or whoever they chucked in as night watchman

Gawn and Grundy being AA in the same year would be pretty funny as it’d be the 3rd time it’s happened (18/19 for reference).
I didn’t mind it. Given they select on abstract principles of shoehorning good players into positions rather than think about team balance, I’m okay with it. The team doesn’t actually play anyone so it’s always been a bit of harmless fun, plus Bigfooty gold in the dramas it seems to provoke

I think he’s the best Dee ever for me, certainly my favourite Melbourne player.
Best of this era. When you aren't old enough to have even watched flowers career let alone Barassi best ever doesn't mean much.

I didn’t mind it. Given they select on abstract principles of shoehorning good players into positions rather than think about team balance, I’m okay with it. The team doesn’t actually play anyone so it’s always been a bit of harmless fun, plus Bigfooty gold in the dramas it seems to provoke
If Max keeps slotting goals from 60m he can go HFF :sneaky:

No, then he would have said best Dee of my life. Not ever.
Think a 6x premiership player an AFL legend might have a good case.
Best Dee for me seems clear.

I can’t rate Barassi or Flower against players I’ve watched each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is absurd that he just keeps kicking these. He’s kicking it 60m ffs
It suits him best, long legs to wind up and just kick it as far as he can on a natural arc. It's why Buddy used to blast goals from there constantly too.

Also you can get stuffed too, I saw you liking the attack of my 2016 McDonald posts. The way I get bullied around here :(
Wow, that's a lot of McDonald posts! :sneaky:

Wow, that's a lot of McDonald posts! :sneaky:
Now you are deliberately misunderstanding just to be absurd, Headless. This is an important discussion we are having right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 7x All-Australian, 2x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back