Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 7x All-Australian, 2x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno, he kick 5 in a prelim and an after the goal siren from a similar distance to give the Dees the minor premiership in 2021. I like the way Snrub thinks.
20 meters out straight in front has always been a roll of the dice.

Back to jamming mids in everywhere ffs. Glad to see Dylan Moore make it and in the starting 18, well deserved.
Waterman over Curnow is good for the memes.

Luke Ryan making it is a bit of a joke though, just a stat-padder who accumulates through chipping around the backline. Bad year for KPDs (Andrews a touch unlucky). Thought Sheezel would make it too, despite playing for a horrendous team. Would also take Merrett a million times over Treloar.

Anyway, Jesse :love:

Cant say I watched a lot of West Coast but im amazed there isnt another KPD better than Jeremy McGovern in 2024

Luke Ryan making it is a bit of a joke though, just a stat-padder who accumulates through chipping around the backline.
Yep, hes awful when we needs to defend, poor man's Joel Bowden pretty much. Joel at least had some nice offensive skills.

Can't be bothered digging up his thread, but surprised Windsor only got the one RS vote (Kevin Sheehan). Missing the last few games likely hurt.

1000018037.jpg

Can't be bothered digging up his thread, but surprised Windsor only got the one RS vote (Kevin Sheehan). Missing the last few games likely hurt.

View attachment 2096075
Was Dempsey that good? I watched a fair bit of the Cats this year and didnt think he was anything special. Also hate when second year players win it. Should be rookie of the year.

Was Dempsey that good? I watched a fair bit of the Cats this year and didnt think he was anything special. Also hate when second year players win it. Should be rookie of the year.
Rising star should have been Reid. Being omitted by suspension is a total farce when the award has nothing to do with 'fairest'

Rising star should have been Reid. Being omitted by suspension is a total farce when the award has nothing to do with 'fairest'
Should just be rookie of the year. If you get suspended for 10 games and youre still good enough to convince the judges to vote for you you deserve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to jamming mids in everywhere ffs. Glad to see Dylan Moore make it and in the starting 18, well deserved.
Back to? Did they stop

Now i'm going to look nuffy, but i'm sure old mate Kane said years ago that if he made it onto the all australian panel he would advocate for players being picked reflective of their positions. Wingers and half forwards going to wingers and half forwards. Didn't advocate hard enough. It's okay though i'll forgive him for his spot on bashing of Melbourne

Max really could be the GOAT ruckman. What a pleasure to have watched his career.
He's a beauty..7xAA puts him in amongst the greatest players in the modern era. No reason why he couldn't sneak an 8th either. Although TDK and Xerri look likely to take over. He's the best ruckman I've seen. Simon Madden possibly the only one that could challenge his GOATness imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 7x All-Australian, 2x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back