Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a goalscorer.

Absolutely agree about that but we need goalscorers who don't have brain fades on the field that cost us games when they are playing and when they are not playing.

I said it last week and DR attacked me for it, that he should be made to play in the 2's next week as internal punishment.
I agree with what you are initially are saying that our discipline not what it should ......its something thats needs to be addressed throughout the rest of the season and going forward.

You were "attacked" because you singled him out yet we never heard you say the same about Boomer or Ziebell.

Absolutely agree about that but we need goalscorers who don't have brain fades on the field that cost us games when they are playing and when they are not playing.

Just shut up for Christ sake.

MorganFreeman-bobbing.gif

You were "attacked" because you singled him out yet we never heard you say the same about Boomer or Ziebell.
And I answered you which you didnt reply to.....I think Scott should start making examples to of some players. Boomer had the 6 weeks to seriously think about what is required of him if he does it again dare I say thats it for him as a required player......Zeibell get 3 weeks and Mckernan gets 2 is being played out in the media, it definitely unfair treatment even Thomas's brainfart was only worthy of a week but his loading took him to the 2 weeks.

What a crock...

This surely has to be the biggest bullshit thread ever...

Dont know if you were watching the same game but in said game where A. Black (3 goals), R.Tarrant (3 goals) and D.Petrie (5 goals)....you call for Lindsay's head...he may have popped up a couple times but bloody hell...one of the only crumming goals came from D.Wells in the 4th...I mean im with everyone else on this one...explanation on where you think that Lindsay lost tonights game for us????

I had friends that I have sat with for 18 years down in the rooms last week and they said that it was amazing to hear B.Scott talk pre-game and then to see exactly what they had talked about being played out during them game...they said it was like a script.

The question is...and should be for the whole year...WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR LEADERS???????
This team is greater than any one person.
And no one person should be singled out.
If we are going to single out Lindsay we should only say how much this man bleeeeeeeds blue and white, he is one player that will not give up.
Yes, he is absolutely instrumental to OUR forward line and we missed him tonight but if your going to draw the line on one player that has been undisciplined then you may as well throw them all out.

I want Lindsay to be a one club player...we need this guy...

Please don't take this personally but if any NMFC member or supporter said this to me tonight i would have slapped my big bald head.

With a name like Royals1922 I'm assuming your from W.A? (Not having a dig thats a serious question)

Now, ive had a few lines but even im not high enough to consider this a viable option.

And I answered you which you didnt reply to.....I think Scott should start making examples to of some players. Boomer had the 6 weeks to seriously think about what is required of him if he does it again dare I say thats it for him as a required player......Zeibell get 3 weeks and Mckernan gets 2 is being played out in the media, it definitely unfair treatment even Thomas's brainfart was only worthy of a week but his loading took him to the 2 weeks.

And the loading came from a bullshit suspension also. If you want to make an example of players you do it from day 1, otherwise players think you are playing favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You asked:

Collingwood game: Thomas 4 Petrie 1
Geelong : Thomas 5 Petrie 4
Hawthorn: Thomas 5 Petrie 1
WCE: Thomas 0 Petrie 1
Adelaide: Thomas 5 Petrie 2
GC: Thomas 2 Petrie 2

Thomas 21 Petrie 11

So Thomas' goals are important - I accept that but where was he tonight, sitting out the game on the bench for a soft fit of anger.

You have senior players, you expect them to be available for selection, absent injury.

Thanks for going to all that trouble, it does really highlight LT's value to NMFC. He's always up to something, gets my juices flowing cause as someone else stated he has a red hot go.

I understand the thread, cause I understand how pissed you are. I was like that six weeks ago, I'm over it and these losses may well in the end be for the best. 2014 + There's no hiding anymore.

And the loading came from a bullshit suspension also. If you want to make an example of players you do it from day 1, otherwise players think you are playing favourites.
Dont agree DR, 2-3 years ago we were getting manhandled on the park the boy.s had to flex some muscle even if it meant being outed for a spell........now with 3 yrs of games into the majority of these players we dont need to it any more.

Would this thread still have been made if we won tonight?

Dan I made a similar thread after Thomas was done pointing out the indiscipline. I've had a gutful of player indiscipline be it 50 metre penalties, suspensions that have cost us games and player brain fades.

I expect that of our young guys but the funny thing is our guys, JZ apart, are not getting suspended or cited by the MRP.

I knew I wouldn't be popular with this thread but at some point the player indiscipline has to stop.

And also note the word I used "consider"......

Dan I made a similar thread after Thomas was done pointing out the indiscipline. I've had a gutful of player indiscipline be it 50 metre penalties, suspensions that have cost us games and player brain fades.

I expect that of our young guys but the funny thing is our guys, JZ apart, are not getting suspended or cited by the MRP.

I knew I wouldn't be popular with this thread but at some point the player indiscipline has to stop.

And also note the word I used "consider"......

So instead of giving Lindz a chance to redeem himself we should piss him off?.

What a crock...

And no one person should be singled out.
If we are going to single out Lindsay we should only say how much this man bleeeeeeeds blue and white, he is one player that will not give up.
Yes, he is absolutely instrumental to OUR forward line and we missed him tonight but if your going to draw the line on one player that has been undisciplined then you may as well throw them all out.

I used the word"consider" deliberately and I have not exempted any player from criticism because this player indiscipline has to stop.

And sometimes making an example of one player in some way achieves this result.

So instead of giving Lindz a chance to redeem himself we should piss him off?.

The damage has been done, our chances of making the finals are in the realms of higher maths. So how can Lindsay redeem himself?

No player is above criticism....

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back