Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

What a thread to read after a loss. Small forwards who kick plenty of goals don't come around very often and we want to trade him?

We could have the best forward line in the competition next year, there is no way I could ever understand what the club is trying to achieve by trading Thomas.

I would be livid.

What a thread to read after a loss. Small forwards who kick plenty of goals don't come around very often and we want to trade him?

We could have the best forward line in the competition next year, there is no way I could ever understand what the club is trying to achieve by trading Thomas.

I would be livid.

Yeah and we could be in the same diabolical situation as this year and the last 4, I say something has to change if we are going to improve and its certainly not going to be the coach.

This might actually be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, it can't be anything more than an attempt to get some attention. He's our leading goal kicker, has been one of the only players who plays with heart and plays for the jumper, has barely put a foot wrong all year, makes one mistake and rather than educating him or giving him a chance to redeem himself we trade him? Please, stop wasting peoples times with garbage like this.

For me thats not as silly as it sounds. Watts would be a far better player if he was coached in a better team. Name one player from Melbourne in the last 5 years that has been a star consistently, the best I can think of would be Nate Jones but a star I can't think of one. Watts still hold the record for the fastest 20 metre sprint from a stand start, something that he can't really utilize much playing with Melb due to their poor defence and attack and lack of opportunity for that matter.

I'll throw another into the mix Thomas for Heath Shaw who could be on the outer at Collingwood at the end of the year if his attitude doesn't change.

I dont mind your thinking TC - i really hate the way lindsey goes about it. I wouldnt miss seeing his lid flopping about on the ground like a fish out of water at all.

For me thats not as silly as it sounds. Watts would be a far better player if he was coached in a better team. Name one player from Melbourne in the last 5 years that has been a star, the best I can think of would be Nate Jones but a star I can't think of one. Watts still hold the record for the fastest 20 metre sprint from a stand start, something that he can't really utilize much playing with Melb.

I'll throw another into the mix Thomas for Heath Shaw who could be on the outer at Collingwood at the end of the year if his attitude doesn't change.

Don't need half back flankers. We have plenty.

Watts could be something and I'd like to see him at North. Give him time and space like gys. Not for LT though. If we trade in another second rounder or a swap for one of our fringe players (delaney maybe if he really wants to go).

Don't need half back flankers. We have plenty.

Watts could be something and I'd like to see him at North. Give him time and space like gys. Not for LT though. If we trade in another second rounder or a swap for one of our fringe players (delaney maybe if he really wants to go).

Melbourne wouldn't trade Watts for someone like Delaney, with these sorts of things you have to give something decent to get something decent. This is how Sydney won the premiership last year and in 06 as well.

We also have plenty of good young players coming through so we only need to top up the list with some quality. Late picks are no good to us unless you can pick up a Taylor Walker who went no.75 in the 07 draft and players that late are few and far between.

One or two quality players I think will make a big difference, especially if they have some hardness about them which is something we lack.

The dictionary now has a new definition of "absurd".

Melbourne wouldn't trade Watts for someone like Delaney, with these sorts of things you have to give something decent to get something decent. This is how Sydney won the premiership last year and in 06 as well.

We also have plenty of good young players coming through so we only need to top up the list with some quality. Late picks are no good to us unless you can pick up a Taylor Walker who went no.75 in the 07 draft and players that late are few and far between.

One or two quality players I think will make a big difference, especially if they have some hardness about them which is something we lack.

Hence why i said trade a pick for Watts...keep up

at the end of the day based on Watts form he wouldn't be starting in any team other than Melbourne. I can't say the same for Delaney. We'd be trading purely on what is expected of him.

I'm not Thomas' biggest fan with his stupid acting/diving, dumb free kicks against and all the rest of what makes LT, but he can play quality footy when in form so even I don't want to trade him.

Plus he wouldn't be worth anything like what the OP is suggesting like the GWS no 1 pick, unless packaged with another one of our best players which isn't going to happen.

Hence why i said trade a pick for Watts...keep up

at the end of the day based on Watts form he wouldn't be starting in any team other than Melbourne. I can't say the same for Delaney. We'd be trading purely on what is expected of him.

You wouldnt get Watts for a 2nd rounder, Melbourne wouldnt go for that.. anyway was just throwing up some names who might be leaving their clubs at seasons end. To say that Melbourne would be the only club that he would get a game in.. cmon man... are you serious..GWS,G.C,Bulldogs,St Kilda.. he wouldnt miss a game at those clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a good poster royals, but this isn't your sharpest work. Thomas has his issues namely the milking of free kicks and occasional undisciplined acts, but he is a heart and soul kinda player that loves the club and is one of the few that has actually improved hence him leading the coleman medal race for so long. Even if you did entertain the decision of trading him you would never ever get a direct swap with GWS for the #1 pick without some serious sweetening. Maybe someone in the top 10 but there is no garentee that player will be of more or equal value then LT especially in the short term.

well he cant be far off i have a relo who wants to trade drew petrie for yarram??:rolleyes:

What, the whole suburb or just the guys who play footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back