Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

How he wasn't in last years all-australian team is mind boggling. This guy does everything. Plays small, tall, tackles, pressures, second efforts, goals, marks, wears his heart on his sleeve and gives his all week in week out.

I think if he backs it up he will get in this year. A lot like Thompson in 2012 - should at least made the squad - but he had a 2nd good year and was rewarded.

Just note - if one of Ellis goals gets a nomination that is when I will be dirty on LT missing out.

His pressure on the ball carrier in the last two weeks has been out of this world. He is charging around our forward half like a f'ing madman and if he catches you, he is really gonna hurt you. He caused a number of turnovers today with great pressure (both real and perceived).

As I said last week, he is single handingly making up for the lack of pressure Currie and (to a lesser extent) Petrie have been applying.

It is freaking hilarious to me that people were actually calling for him to be dropped after last week. This guy is a dead set gun. I love him

When we were looking a bit hokey in the first after Port Power's early onslaught Lindsay laid a massive tackle at half forward and then managed to smack the next guy even harder with an amazing second effort follow up tackle. Set the tone for the rest of the game and the tackles came in thick and fast. I feel like he's the heart of the team this year.

The smother and then the outbodying of Wines was one of the highlights of the game for me.
Yep one of a number of great smothers the boys did today

could see brad scotts words ringing in his ears over the week. absolutely turned it on. is an a grader in his position and no one can take that away from him. has his spot on the aa pocket locked up with the key swinging on his key chain in the safe in fort knox.

Awesome game.

Just tackle within these new confounded rules LT and avoid suspension.
Haha I must say he seems to be enjoying the new interpretation of high tackles. Would have given away a few more frees if today had been umpires with 2013's rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

310513_mrp_ih.jpg

We need another LT, his forward pressure is second to none.

Also, our tackling today was great. Already seeing results of the tackling coach.

The repeat efforts he puts in are phenomenal to witness live. He does so without a hint of fear or favour. Imagine if he was paid the genuine free kicks he earns. The bloke's a bloody gun!

Man he gives us so much. AFL community need to recognise that this fella is the best small forward in the league. Does everything so well.

Can you imagine the accolades if he played at one of the 'big' clubs? They'd be singing his praises with more gusto than Pavarotti.

His is a wonderful story of perseverance; of never giving up, and conquering one's demons through sheer hard work and belief. Here was a player so demoralised that some were openly concerned for his wellbeing, and I doubt there was a single person who believed then he could become the player he is now. Except him.

Lindsay is my favourite player at the club. He embodies the Shinboner Spirit every bit as much as some of the greatest we've had, and I really hope he starts to get the recognition he deserves.

His defensive pressure is incredible. You can clearly see when he goes that extra mile it sets the standard and the others follow suite. I hope he keeps up that relentless pressure on the ball carrier all season, I love it.

He hunts the ball and the man like none other in the team, leading by example. I always say if you see a North player win a 50/50 it was prolly Lindsay. Shit he wins it when he has no right to. I rate him very highly, deservedly.

He's our standard bearer!

Couldn't have said it better, even when himself or the team aren't travelling well - always putting in the 1 percenters.

Love him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back