Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite it being a bitterly disappointing game overall, I really liked how LT went about it.

Unlucky to miss AA last year, not that it in itself is important, but it might be his year as a reward for his output. I have been harsh on LT at times, but when switched on is a quality player.

If some of his teammates want inspiration to start playing for the jumper, look no further than LT.

Last edited:
Should have been AA last year. Best small forward in the comp.

Sometimes does stupid stuff and gives away a free kick here and there but he never looks like he isn't trying.

Should have been AA last year. Best small forward in the comp.

Sometimes does stupid stuff and gives away a free kick here and there but he never looks like he isn't trying.

Can do some silly stuff no doubt and he gets called out for it, but after seeing so many disinterested looking guys (Wells? I mean seriously wtf) that the bold really stood out.

I'm prepared to get beaten by a better team, but it's sour when we lose due to so many guys that aren't switched on. LT has a crack, and I like that whether he kicks 4 or none.

Must have missed it? Obvious free kick not paid?

I did find reasons to not watch every minute sadly..... :(

Yep, was on the water side of the ground.

LT ****ed up...threw his hands up and back and then dragged the * another 2 m without the ball.

LT ****** up...threw his hands up and back and then dragged the * another 2 m without the ball.

Hmm. LT can do some crazy things, didn't see it.

Still, I thought some of his work was good. Kicking 4 in a team that hardly touched the ball is a good effort.

I am a tot hypocrite with LT - I hate staging for free kicks but I always get laugh when he does if

I am a tot hypocrite with LT - I hate staging for free kicks but I always get laugh when he does if

I admit I am guilty of that also. But he was solid, stood out compared to the rest - at least gave his all, which is beyond most.

It will be unpopular as the same (inane) cheerleaders who talked us up go missing when we lose, but LT deserves credit.

He was first class, two contenders for mark of the year and one contender for goal of the year from his 4 goals, sad thing is he had to do the exceptional to get a look in, there were no lace out passes last night, we had more hang time on our kicks than NFL punters.

He might piss off opposition supporters with his staging but he is a heart and soul type guy. He loves the club and always gives it his all. If he has a season half as good as last year the AA selectors will reward him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LT ****** up...threw his hands up and back and then dragged the * another 2 m without the ball.

Radio commentators said that's because he always looks for the free. Chicken and egg - why would he not throw his arms up if the holding can be invisible to umpires even when he does it?

shinboner magic is a pretty good description of LT's game.

Agree with that.

Seeing so many who didn't seem to give a flying * it was good to see LT playing with a bit of passion.

When he kicked that nice goal from boundary it would have been great to get a few mates to run over to congratulate him, but apparently that was too much effort as well.

Last edited:
Agree with that.

Seeing so many who didn't seem to give a flying * it was good to see LT playing with a bit of passion.

When he kicked that nice goal from boundary it would have been to get a few mates to run over to congratulate him, but apparently that was too much effort as well.
Too ashamed. Less than half a dozen blokes on that field that would have been able to look him in the eye.

I love LT.

I have been harsh on him, but I love it how he proves me wrong.

If he misses a contest, he goes again. If he misses again he goes the ball. If he misses the ball he hurts the man.

The 21 other players for North should watch him play.

He won't allow himself to get beaten, if he does, he'll make them hurt.

Too ashamed. Less than half a dozen blokes on that field that would have been able to look him in the eye.

Probably right.

Have we ever seen such a meek performance from the 'shinboners'? I don't know, but I can't remember one. Especially against a pretty average opponent who could hardly kick a goal despite having all the play.

As per OP, at least LT had a crack. If we had their amount of play he would could have kicked double his 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back