Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand the OP's frustration, even if he/she was a wee bit blunt. FWIW i'm not ashamed of LT but his occasional antics can make me shake my head in dissapproval.

At the risk of being hounded down, i think LT absolutely played up the contact from McKenzie. An elbow was definitely thrown out and the arm brushed under LT's jaw but please, don't tell me he was flushed anywhere near as hard as he made out.

LT is one of our most courageous players but he ain't immune from acting up contact. Being majestically skillful, gusty or a even little theatrical aren't mutually exclusive. I get equally frustrated when i see any AFL player carrying on trying to milk free kicks - Scooter is one of the worst - constantly throwing his head back to catch the umpires eye. If the umpires didn't fall for that shite it'd happen far less but as it stands feigning contact has become more commonplace in our sport & often benefits the team, so plenty of players do it, but I still don't like it.

Give me the NRL attitude to contact / injury any day thanks. If a League player looks like he's been knocked out....he's been knocked out.

So now some of us so called north supporters are starting to believe crap made up by self indulgent media experts like dermie. Lindsay keep on doing what you're doing. Love watching you play as one of the most effective small forwards in the AFL. Much prefer Lindsay to Gary Ablett who is whinging and throwing his arms up at the umpires at every chance gets.

A lot of sheep around media, umpires and now some NM fans.

Lindsay plays for a quarter of the frees selwood and ablett play for but they get a free pass.

His 1per centers would be up there for small forwards in the league and has been a great goalkicker as well

Lindsay pays the price of having a reputation for diving quicker than an italian soccer player. He has to wear that now as it will stick for the rest of his career. Now needs to be almost killed to get a free.

Lindsay pays the price of having a reputation for diving quicker than an italian soccer player. He has to wear that now as it will stick for the rest of his career. Now needs to be almost killed to get a free.

Yeah, that's the problem.

He used to dive way too often, still does some games, so now the umps don't even give him the frees for the ones he should get.

It seems this harsh rule on applies to LT though, as Ablett/Selwood and co even though duckers/divers as well seem to have the umps in their pocket...

Give me the NRL attitude to contact / injury any day thanks. If a League player looks like he's been knocked out....he's been knocked out.

Haha you obviously haven't watched rugby league for ten years.

They are now instructed to lay down and don't move when they suspect they've been taken a bit high, because under the rules the TV referee can review the contact and award a penalty if the referee hasn't awarded one.

Does anyone else feel ashamed when they see Thomas flopping around like a fish every time there is a hint of physical contact? If this guy had been playing during our 90's prime he would have been in the seconds until he grew a pair. Love him as a goal kicker but i feel so disappointed when i see him in our jumper being such a softy.

/Rant. Does anyone feel the same?

I haven't read on after the first post but i hope this comment gets slammed throughout this thread.

funny how everyone goes on about him being the best small forward since sliced bread but a reject from Richmond has already shown him up. Just imagine Paul Chapman or Chad Wingard in our side!

142 games 400 scoring shots, so I reckon.....

tumblr_mpkz5tQtgG1ran7b9o2_500.gif

COME ON FFS

You know what I find ironic about this. Mcgrath continuously pushes Lindsay while he's trying to put his boot back on.

It would have never been mentioned in the media, because Thomas doesn't put him in a headlock like someone we know so fondly.

I'm not condemning what Thompson did that day, but different standards for different players, it's no different than the shoelace incident, just saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Annoys me with his staging shit but there's no denying the bastard has skills. His 2013 was crazy good.

Whats the opposite of TOTY?

Flaps about like a jellyfish, stings like a bee. Our Lindsay is an absolute beauty. He's flaws are negligible in comparison to what he brings to our team. Skill, mongrel, tricks, goals, camaraderie, and Shinboner spirit. The Roast should be for all those who all unfairly roast LT.

He is also now one of two or three who carry the mantle of indigenous footy. Quietly does more for reconciliation that most would realise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back