Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

After the game heard LT on 774 being interviewed and he stated that preventing the Blues having uncontested possession was a key priority following the review of their Saints and Swans games.

Nekminit.... Blues uncontested possession all night.

How can this be a key focus all week and not be followed through from the first Q to the lastQ?

I knew we were in trouble as soon as Gibbs put on his Jobe Watson/Scott Pendlebury/Dion Prestia invisible jumper.

You've gotta plan so LT's insight into their focus was OK I suppose. But the problem it highlights is we think we know Exactly what is coming from the opposition each week And if they throw up something different we're *****d.

You've gotta plan so LT's insight into their focus was OK I suppose. But the problem it highlights is we think we know Exactly what is coming from the opposition each week And if they throw up something different we're *****d.

You've missed the point. The fact is, Carlton threw up precisely what we had extensively planned for!

Hearing LT saying this kind of thing was a focus would have been music to my ears pre-game... But is just mind-boggling after what happened on Friday night!

There was a passage of play midway through the 1st quarter which told me that we were going to be in trouble all night. Carlton basically chipped it around for about a minute with no pressure at all. That's fine as long as the midfield (which should theoretically have 2-3 extra North players in that instance) are doing their defensive duties. Unfortunately, Yarran was about 20 metres clear after all was said and done. 2 bounces & a bullet pass into the 50 later = Easy set-shot goal. It reminded me so much of the Essendon game.

As for the "dumb footballers" comment: Does it amaze anyone else that some of our players still seem to not know what foot their opponents kick with? I saw a certain kangas player look to corral Kade Simpson onto his left foot at one stage. Umm, why would you corral a player onto his left when they can't kick right foot!?!?!?

Not at all! If the opposition works out a way around our Plan A, we can always switch to Plan A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't look good. Looked to hyper-extend the leg.

Hope I'm wrong.

Landed directly on the point, just below the knee cap. Have done this myself, it impinges a nerve which makes your whole leg go dead for 5 minutes, once the pain subsides he'll be right.

Going forward if he does the same thing, the same result will happen (dead leg), he'll be a bit more susceptible until it gets a rest for a while. But won't miss any footy.

I love Lindsay as he bleeds blue and white but geez I laughed when he stuffed that kick to Adams in the last and immediately started limping again..seconds later he is streaming through half forward delivering the ball into 50.

was reassured when I saw it was Lindsay. He'll be out again soon I thought.

'Oh no! Lindsay has a serious looking injury!'

16c8cf1c0defc07c0de04b471d37b00122b431c0f9457e899f3a25332d8b9fd2.jpg

Jeez Lindsey is a pounce when it comes to pain. He's always hobbling around or playing dead on the ground. Would have lasted 30 seconds under Pagan

Yeah TBH not sure what his deal is. Whether he just tries to take a moment to figure out if he's in one piece, whether he's hamming it up (for one reason or another) or whether he is actually in pain and or more sensitive to pain.

Still, doesn't change the fact that he is a good player, IMO it's just that he could be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back