Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

North doesn't need LT.

If he wants to go, then goodbye.

We will do well out of the deal being a contracted player, plus we have plenty of coverage for his position.

Would be devastated to see Lindsay leave, one of my favourite players. Would be a shock as everyone knows how much he loves the club.

North doesn't need LT.

If he wants to go, then goodbye.

We will do well out of the deal being a contracted player, plus we have plenty of coverage for his position.

Yeah we do need him.

Lindsay has not said a ****ing thing about leaving the club. Why the instant dislike?

If it's true That Thomas wants to go to Port then I think a deal would be complex. He's far better than just a second rounder but they wouldn't want to give up a pick around 10 for him either. Just spitballing, but maybe something like:

Thomas for a swap of 1sts this season, Ports 2nd and Ports 2nd next season, or;

Thomas for Ports 2nd and someone like Impey or Neade

or maybe McKenzie could get worked into it as well so we get a bit more in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I way off the mark, or was there chatter recently about LT and Boomer having some issues with Coach Scott? I know everything is floating round as rumours, but the club hasn't done itself proud in looking after LT this year, hanging him out to dry over the diving affair and I would hate to think there would be anything other than homesickness that could lead to his departure. Would be shattered to see him go regardless of what motivates it.

Whats he worth in regards to a draft pick, a 10-15 pick?

Doubt we would get that high a pick to be honest.

Probably in the mid 20s range, but I'd prefer a straight swap for a player we need (outside run and skill)

Yeah we do need him.

Lindsay has not said a ******* thing about leaving the club. Why the instant dislike?

I don't dislike him? I am just going off what other posters are saying, and if in fact it is correct we will be fine without him.

1. Lindsay is dropped
2. Lindsay at training Thursday night in earshot of Player X "**** this I dont' have to put up with this **** I'm gonna go back to SA"
3. Player X visiting home town on weekend to Player X father "gee Lindsay was pist, reckons he wants to go back to SA"
4. Player X father at local TAB to Punter S "my son reckons Lindsay Thomas wants to leave North"
5. Punter S to Bigfooty Poster M at local IGA "we still on for that fishin' trip? Just you, me and the open air. Oh - and Lindsay Thomas is leaving North Melbourne. Oh - and I wish I knew how to quit you."
6. Bigfooty Poster M on Bigfooty "LT is gone"

1. Lindsay is dropped
2. Lindsay at training Thursday night in earshot of Player X "**** this I dont' have to put up with this **** I'm gonna go back to SA"
3. Player X visiting home town on weekend to Player X father "gee Lindsay was pist, reckons he wants to go back to SA"
4. Player X father at local TAB to Punter S "my son reckons Lindsay Thomas wants to leave North"
5. Punter S to Bigfooty Poster M at local IGA "we still on for that fishin' trip? Just you, me and the open air. Oh - and Lindsay Thomas is leaving North Melbourne. Oh - and I wish I knew how to quit you."
6. Bigfooty Poster M on Bigfooty "LT is gone"
Thats only 6 degrees of separation.

LT is being victimised.

The moment that the f***wit Darcy started calling it the Lindsay Thomas rule the players association should have come out publically and absolutely smashed the media for it.

It was absolutely appalling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back