Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee some of you turn quick.
I can't speak for others, but I used to be happy enough with the package deal we used to get with LT. He'd play for a few frees and generally get them, he'd kick a good number of goals, take a ripper mark here and there, would show some explosively aggressive defensive work but like the rest of the team would occasionally just disappear and not be sighted offensively or defensively.

The only thing we know has changed, is the frees he's getting, which is a negligible amount at best. Perhaps that's dropped his confidence down, and his willingness to put his body on the line. Perhaps he's injured. Perhaps he's having personal problems. Regardless though, he is one of the weakest links in our team at the moment, and he plays in one of the spots we can probably cover quite well.

I've generally always defended LT, because he has shown passion for his club and his mates. Like I said though, right here right now he just isn't delivering what we need, and we have 2 games before finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how will the umpiring fraternity explain walters last quarter free, surely that is what the LT rule was brought in for, to protect players from injuring themselves, or is it just to protect LT? you have to love the care the league have shown to LT over this rule.;)

That was an absolute disgrace. I'm sure it won't be made a big deal of though..

how will the umpiring fraternity explain walters last quarter free, surely that is what the LT rule was brought in for, to protect players from injuring themselves, or is it just to protect LT? you have to love the care the league have shown to LT over this rule.;)

Was yelling that very thing laced with expletives at the ground. Had to apologise to the mother and child sitting across from me

Its a ****in joke. And how was he allowed to play on from a free kick? The umpires stopped play and setting the mark. Absolute joke. Board would have gone into meltdown if that cost us the game.

I have heard there is a chance he is headed back home to south Australia. Wouldn't be ideal but if his head and heart isn't here then will be for the best.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Have heard Motlop to North
Dangerfield to Geelong
Thomas and Geelongs first rounder to Adelaide

Being a little harsh on calls to get rid of him.

His tackle count isn't up, however he did applied a lot of pressure on the ball carrier coming out of the backline. Granted Garner was dropped for having a better game, however Lindsay has the runs on the board and I can see him getting on the end of a few goals next week if we manage to break the Bulldogs manic press!

Being a little harsh on calls to get rid of him.

His tackle count isn't up, however he did applied a lot of pressure on the ball carrier coming out of the backline. Granted Garner was dropped for having a better game, however Lindsay has the runs on the board and I can see him getting on the end of a few goals next week if we manage to break the Bulldogs manic press!

Its the nature of the beast with a small forward isn't it - they can be quiet but NEK MINNIT they can turn the game. He has the credits in the bank.

That said how many times did was the ball brought to the ground by our land of the giants and he did not swoop on the crumb as he usually does

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back