Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Since all the ducking furore and change in interpretation, LT has received 4 free kicks at an average of 0.4 per game (0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1).

Prior to that he was averaging 2.5 per game.

Interestingly serial ducker Walters has started receiving more free kicks since that point in time, averaging 2 per game.

LT is being victimised.

how will the umpiring fraternity explain walters last quarter free, surely that is what the LT rule was brought in for, to protect players from injuring themselves, or is it just to protect LT? you have to love the care the league have shown to LT over this rule.;)
That free was a shocker, and could have cost us the game. I want it discussed on AFL 360, SEN or anywhere else to demand explanation from Evans or Campbell. FFS, this was precisely what the rule change was brought in for.

As for LT, I have noticed him kissing the jumper not just after kicking a goal last week, but also as he waved to supporters after the match yesterday. He loves the club, but it could also be a message (if his SA move rumors have any substance) that he might need to move for family reasons, but loves North.
Something in his head is troubling him. His chasing isn't as vigorous as it used to be. Same with his tackling. Either it's just a form issue, or something is weighing heavily on his mind.

Normally I'd say a player of his class deserves another week after a poor game, but if he was to be dropped wouldn't surprise me, as even when you are not getting the ball or kicking goals, pressure is the minimal requirement from a player in his position. And he didn't deliver on that.

The more i think about it. The more i would consider dropping LT after that game.

Sure you can have a bad one, but he seemed like he wasn't trying.

I would consider Garner this week, or play JZ 80% forward.
Love your posting mate, but totally disagree, I thought he tried hard! When he tackled he ground the opponent right into the ground, he was flying around putting real pressure on the ball carrier taking it out of defence. It was just one of those days where things didn't go his way. But he didn't drop his head and was as pumped as anyone when the siren went! Love LT and we need him in this side next week and into the finals.

Word yesterday from someone who is very close to L.T, was he wants to go to Port Adelaide next season.
That's where I thought he'd want to go.

Love your posting mate, but totally disagree, I thought he tried hard! When he tackled he ground the opponent right into the ground, he was flying around putting real pressure on the ball carrier taking it out of defence. It was just one of those days where things didn't go his way. But he didn't drop his head and was as pumped as anyone when the siren went! Love LT and we need him in this side next week and into the finals.

I agree he didn't stop trying all day with his pressure. Maybe that might save him this week.

That free was a shocker, and could have cost us the game. I want it discussed on AFL 360, SEN or anywhere else to demand explanation from Evans or Campbell. FFS, this was precisely what the rule change was brought in for....

I would also like the deliberate rushed behind at the end of the third quarter discussed, it has to be a free if no opposition player is within two metres and the player with the ball is under no pressure, or are we now deeming implied pressure as real pressure?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm gonna stick with bullshit. He is under contract, he loves the club, his family is settled here, there is no way he leaves!
Exactly why i was surprised when i heard it but just reporting what i was told.

I called bull a week ago, but I was told by a mate who spoke to Lindsay's cousin that he wants to come back to SA.

I know how ridiculous that source sounds, and even I took it with a grain of salt.

I'm still confident he will stay but I want the rumours squashed sooner rather than later...

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back