#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make some interesting points gun. Richmond should be proud of their membership figures over the last 4 years. Your club has done a great job however i firmly believe membership figures are a direct result of the teams success.
From 2005 to 2011 when Richmond failed to make finals your membership numbers lagged behind ours and you only reached 40k once usually hovering around the 30k mark. It must be noted though that we played in finals on 3 occasions during that period.
I wonder what another EF loss or missing the finals altogether would do to your membership base. As for our debt we all know a quick whip around at board level would reduce that debt to zero. No need to rattle tins on Royal Parade.

I think you are not really accepting the predicament your club is in currently and continue on the same line as most carlton supporters and members have for generations but with 1 important part that you fail to accept.

The quick whip around just gets you out of temp problems but doesnt really solve the real issue and thats the mentality that the whip around will resolve your problems of not being able to run a club in todays league thats not only successful on the park but off it as well.

Both Richmond and Carlton were in similar situations back when Kreuzer/Cotchin were drafted 1 & 2 and the 2 clubs took very different paths to their rebuilds , Richmond took their medicine and invested in the draft carlton went the bring in established player route with Judd,McLean,Warnock as well as having an incompetent administration and recruiting department which has been proven to be the case with 'fails in both coaching and admin appointments of the past 8-10 years and MM being the pinacle'

Richmond currently has a younger playing list than Carlton even after your club disposing of 15 players , Richmonds list is 1 of the youngest in the AFL and we have made finals the last 3 years all beit not winning but the list demographic indicates that Richmond will be a top 8 team for the next 5-6-7 years where as Carlton will be in the bottom 5 for the next 4-5 years at the least - So what does this mean you are saying.
The last 2 years has shown how much your club has fallen behind the 'Big' Clubs and with the fickle nature of the carlton supporters members its virtually impossible to see any growth in the membership numbers whilst clubs like Collingwood,Richmond,Essendon,Hawthorn will be pushing towards the 100,000 mark Carlton will be dwindling with the clubs like North,Saints,Dogs & Dee's

So the net result will be your club will be amongst the nomads/Minnows of the league as far as membership and financials are concerned as well as being on the bottom of the ladder for the next 4-5 years

I know which club i would rather be supporting as im sure you do as well but your pride will never admit to it and will just silently continue to burn and be envious deep inside.

Note: After the poor form of carlton and the way they conducted themselfs in not sharing gate in rnd 1 last year and still managed to make a massive loss their plight will be worse as they are not entitled to the gate at the rnd 1 game this year and there isnt a return game against the Tigers .

Brendon Gale should really contact Eddie McGuire and meet with the AFL to replace the 1st round game with a Collingwood v Richmond game which will be more suitable round 1 encounter and not let carlton have a blockbuster after their pathetic performance in being so short sighted with the gate last year.

Carlton is a mediocre club with mediocre players and barely afl standard these days

I think you are not really accepting the predicament your club is in currently and continue on the same line as most carlton supporters and members have for generations but with 1 important part that you fail to accept.

The quick whip around just gets you out of temp problems but doesnt really solve the real issue and thats the mentality that the whip around will resolve your problems of not being able to run a club in todays league thats not only successful on the park but off it as well.

Both Richmond and Carlton were in similar situations back when Kreuzer/Cotchin were drafted 1 & 2 and the 2 clubs took very different paths to their rebuilds , Richmond took their medicine and invested in the draft carlton went the bring in established player route with Judd,McLean,Warnock as well as having an incompetent administration and recruiting department which has been proven to be the case with 'fails in both coaching and admin appointments of the past 8-10 years and MM being the pinacle'

Richmond currently has a younger playing list than Carlton even after your club disposing of 15 players , Richmonds list is 1 of the youngest in the AFL and we have made finals the last 3 years all beit not winning but the list demographic indicates that Richmond will be a top 8 team for the next 5-6-7 years where as Carlton will be in the bottom 5 for the next 4-5 years at the least - So what does this mean you are saying.
The last 2 years has shown how much your club has fallen behind the 'Big' Clubs and with the fickle nature of the carlton supporters members its virtually impossible to see any growth in the membership numbers whilst clubs like Collingwood,Richmond,Essendon,Hawthorn will be pushing towards the 100,000 mark Carlton will be dwindling with the clubs like North,Saints,Dogs & Dee's

So the net result will be your club will be amongst the nomads/Minnows of the league as far as membership and financials are concerned as well as being on the bottom of the ladder for the next 4-5 years

I know which club i would rather be supporting as im sure you do as well but your pride will never admit to it and will just silently continue to burn and be envious deep inside.

Note: After the poor form of carlton and the way they conducted themselfs in not sharing gate in rnd 1 last year and still managed to make a massive loss their plight will be worse as they are not entitled to the gate at the rnd 1 game this year and there isnt a return game against the Tigers .

Brendon Gale should really contact Eddie McGuire and meet with the AFL to replace the 1st round game with a Collingwood v Richmond game which will be more suitable round 1 encounter and not let carlton have a blockbuster after their pathetic performance in being so short sighted with the gate last year.

Carlton is a mediocre club with mediocre players and barely afl standard these days
I second that Collingwood V Richmond would be a far better opening. More supporters for Collingwood ensures that no matter what it would be pushing the 90k mark. Better rivalry between Collingwood in recent history.

Seriously I am so on board with this as an opening game. The opening should be 2 melbourne clubs with large supporter bases no matter how the teams have been going.

The position you are in. Losing 3 straight elimination finals. awesome. Moving forward though I'm sure.
Oh haha. Pretty sure before your mob finally won a final they were the laughing stock of the competition. Then you got elevated cos of the dopers then your players decide to leave. Now youre back at the bottom of the heap begging for another priority pick. Please continue to be acompletely irrelevant utter rabble.

Without compromised drafts and while begging for another priority pick. Please for once try doing it hard.
Hilarious that the year they start their 'proper' gazillionth rebuild it's a shit draft :)

I second that Collingwood V Richmond would be a far better opening. More supporters for Collingwood ensures that no matter what it would be pushing the 90k mark. Better rivalry between Collingwood in recent history.

Seriously I am so on board with this as an opening game. The opening should be 2 melbourne clubs with large supporter bases no matter how the teams have been going.
I would love this too, cos out of the 80,000 plus that turn out to round 1, 55,000 are Richmond supporters. Over 85,000 would be a certainty vs the Magpoos.

Won't happen though cos they have too many blockbusters and when it was a regular thing our shitty admin at the time did a Carlspoon and hogged the gate making the Magpoos pull out

You make some interesting points gun. Richmond should be proud of their membership figures over the last 4 years. Your club has done a great job however i firmly believe membership figures are a direct result of the teams success.
From 2005 to 2011 when Richmond failed to make finals your membership numbers lagged behind ours and you only reached 40k once usually hovering around the 30k mark. It must be noted though that we played in finals on 3 occasions during that period.
I wonder what another EF loss or missing the finals altogether would do to your membership base. As for our debt we all know a quick whip around at board level would reduce that debt to zero. No need to rattle tins on Royal Parade.
just like the spoiled little kid,run to mummy the "boy down the road has a better bike than me"well it appears that mummies purse is not opening as much as it did in the past.so get used to wooden spoons rather than silver!

image.png image.png

Looks like there's a bit of Carlton angst over a player they didn't want.
Just mentioning the name of Yarran sets them off.
This IS the "Chris Yarran - Where does he play?" thread, isn't it?
Not "Which club is better?"
But where does he play ... HBF to HFF, running around with the afterburners on and smashing the oppo like he used to do to us.
Poacher turned gamekeeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like there's a bit of Carlton angst over a player they didn't want.
Just mentioning the name of Yarran sets them off.
This IS the "Chris Yarran - Where does he play?" thread, isn't it?
Not "Which club is better?"
But where does he play ... HBF to HFF, running around with the afterburners on and smashing the oppo like he used to do to us.
Poacher turned gamekeeper.
He plays at the better club ;)

The last couple of pages just highlight why it's pointless talking footy with Carlton supporters. For the record it wasn't so long ago where we were getting talked down as not being deserving of the opening round, so I wouldn't get too uppity on the subject matter. With regard to Yarren, let's get him fit first. If we can get him right, he is going to offer a lot to the club. Months to go before a ball gets bounced in anger. So time is on his side.

The last couple of pages just highlight why it's pointless talking footy with Carlton supporters. For the record it wasn't so long ago where we were getting talked down as not being deserving of the opening round, so I wouldn't get too uppity on the subject matter. With regard to Yarren, let's get him fit first. If we can get him right, he is going to offer a lot to the club. Months to go before a ball gets bounced in anger. So time is on his side.

Yer I've never understood this. If you want to make a tradition of round 1...it doesn't make sense to talk about changing it the minute one team is better than the other lol....because that's pretty much always. I'd also like to add...we were losing to them half way through the second quarter last year and had a reasonably modest victory. They were beating us by 80+ points back when we were garbage. :S

Yer I've never understood this. If you want to make a tradition of round 1...it doesn't make sense to talk about changing it the minute one team is better than the other lol....because that's pretty much always. I'd also like to add...we were losing to them half way through the second quarter last year and had a reasonably modest victory. They were beating us by 80+ points back when we were garbage. :S

Yep, let's just focus on winning the game (and winning well). It was only 3 years ago they were rolling us (with a shit team too). Clubs have up's and downs. Just enjoy the fact we are beating them. By how much i don't care so long as we play well. And each win we have burns their soul a little deeper.

Where does yarran play - Gets the ball at HB Runs 25-35 mtrs and kicks it to a leading foward - GOAL !

Which club is better - Carlton are not even in the same league both on and off the ground

Which club will play finals - Richmond Carlton are 5 years away and will not even challenge

Carlton - Will win the spoon in 2016 & 2017

Carlton are simply shit, nothing more to it.
How they can still have an arrogance about them has me baffled.

Because 20 years ago when they bought their last flag they were good.

Might need to get onto the AFL about playing lolingwood in the opening game. Starting the season against a small club like carlspoon is unbecoming for us.
The part thats really annoying is that Carlton are no longer the carlton of old and are a minnow club these days,Similar to the days when Melbourne Football Club were a power house and have declined into what they are today.

But even Melbourne have re built their club and are now looking foward to a better future but Carlton are just abysmal and rudderless as well as deluded and still believe that an Old legend will be able to bring this poor pathetic deluded club out of wilderness in the next 2-3 years

Carlton football club after delistings and retirements of 15 players and replacing them with kids are still an older list than the likes of Richmond,Bulldogs,Stkilda,Melbourne,West Coast,Port,Collingwood & Adelaide with all these teams having already rebuilt and well on their way to a sustained period of competitiveness , But Carlton are due for a sustained period of mediocrity and spoons.

The end result is that they will struggle to get 45,000 members and history proves that an uncompetitive carlton fail to draw spectators to their games due to most carlton supporters are just fair weather barrackers and dont support their teams unless they are winning - which is a long long way away

Richmond & Collingwood are in similar positions and would be looking at being 'Up There' for the next 10 years and would make very good business sense for all parties concerned and would draw 90,000 every time and would become a legitimate custodian of the opening round 1st game.

Carlton are just a rabble and dont deserve such a prestigious opening to the season

I personally think that they are no longer deserving of the 1st game of the year match up to richmond and should be replaced by Collingwood/Hawthorn or Geelong Versus Richmond - No need to reward mediocrity
Might need to get onto the AFL about playing lolingwood in the opening game. Starting the season against a small club like carlspoon is unbecoming for us.
Jeez, some people have short memories. While I feel dirty that I am defending Carlton here, there were some Round 1 games not too long ago when a lot of people said that Richmond didn't deserve to play the opening Round of the season and we copped some absolute hidings in those games. In the end they stuck with us, so I see that as no reason to not stick with the same Round 1 opening match-up just because the roles/ladder positions are reversed. Let's just hope we can return some of those massive margins as some payback.

Like Collingwood needs ANOTHER block buster just handed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back