Player Watch #13: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Took a nice grab 1v1 inside defensive 50 yesterday, took the front spot and used his body really well. Was against McKay from memory?
No the grab wasn’t against McKay!

I actually thought he was pretty average, a few turnovers and fumbles when we needed clean possession.

I was a fan last year.
This year I am just very bullish on finding players who are top 30 in their position in the comp.

I know he’s not gonna be there when we’re playing finals but I just can’t hack the missed handballs and shit kicks anymore.

Sadly when you play wing, you are going to be part of scoring chains and the teams success relies on your contribution.
He’s a coach killer.

So he can hang around for now, but the sooner he’s phased out of the 22 then you know we’re up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a fan last year.
This year I am just very bullish on finding players who are top 30 in their position in the comp.

I know he’s not gonna be there when we’re playing finals but I just can’t hack the missed handballs and shit kicks anymore.

Sadly when you play wing, you are going to be part of scoring chains and the teams success relies on your contribution.
He’s a coach killer.

So he can hang around for now, but the sooner he’s phased out of the 22 then you know we’re up there.
He’s been in defence for months.

Is probably the most reliable kick in the side outside of Sheezel.

Even at training, simply does not miss a target - ever.

I remember Dennis Commetti saying he is the best kick in WA when at Freo, and laughed when I seen his action for the first time.

Never bites off too much but never misses a target. Perfect when in a struggling team when under pressure and just need to hold on to the ball.

He has had a very underrated year and a key reason behind our form since the bye and his move into defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back