AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Re-signs to 2026 - 24/7

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see him ever putting it together.

I'd be trying to get value from him on the trade table. Maybe target trying to snare a first rounder from a team that may fancy the prospect of developing him as a KPD like the Bulldogs. Something like Cox and our second/third for their first.

Even Melbourne's Langdon who is the biggest downhill skier in the league was baiting him on his softness.

He drops his head and his body language is putrid !

Lastly you are a right footer, so stop showboating & use it on set shots because when you miss you open yourself up to this type of criticism.

I'd be trying to get value from him on the trade table. Maybe target trying to snare a first rounder from a team that may fancy the prospect of developing him as a KPD like the Bulldogs. Something like Cox and our second/third for their first.
Swans would like their chances of turning him into something.

Bit of a nothing player, isn't he.
Last week I was thinking how good it was to see him growing confidently into a wing role with he and Jones being a genuine point of difference in our team make-up. He has a shocker in the wet and now he’s a ‘nothing player’. I really hope he proves naysayers like yourself wrong by being a premiership player.

Very wishful thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very wishful thinking.

Possibly, but its the type of deal it would take for us to break from the conservative nature of this league and move a player like Cox on.

Reality is he probably lays 170-odd largely mediocre games where he never really becomes much more than the player he was in year one.

Last week I was thinking how good it was to see him growing confidently into a wing role with he and Jones being a genuine point of difference in our team make-up. He has a shocker in the wet and now he’s a ‘nothing player’. I really hope he proves naysayers like yourself wrong by being a premiership player.
What exactly is he good at?

He's tall, but doesn't use it. He's not quick. He's not strong. He's not skilful. He doesn't win ground level ball. He's possibly the worst handballer I've ever seen.

Without significant improvement in multiple areas, I don't see how he's a long-term AFL player.

He's tall, but doesn't use it. He's not quick. He's not strong. He's not skilful. He doesn't win ground level ball. He's possibly the worst handballer I've ever seen.

Without significant improvement in multiple areas, I don't see how he's a long-term AFL player.

Exactly. Seeing how Jones has naturally adopted the other wing these last three weeks has really highlighted how forced everything about Cox seems.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to become a good player... mostly because the idea that we wasted 3 top 10 picks in a single draft is almost too sickening to even think about. But I just don't see it.

We've played him in literally every area of the ground at this point and he hasn't impressed in any position.

Totally agree. Just what does he deliver or do? He’s had years to get faster, get bigger, prove something special - but it is zero every week. Plus he has the Heppell illness of doing 13m kicks sideways to stationary targets and thinking the job is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Re-signs to 2026 - 24/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back