AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had enough available players in defense do you think we would give him another crack forward?
The thing i loved about Sheeds was that he wasn't afraid to mix things up...even if it was just briefly to get the opposition off guard. Even for 10 minutes just swap Langford and Laverde to see how it looks. Langford obviously in horrible form up forward. We couldn't be any worse....right?

If we had enough available players in defense do you think we would give him another crack forward?
The thing i loved about Sheeds was that he wasn't afraid to mix things up...even if it was just briefly to get the opposition off guard. Even for 10 minutes just swap Langford and Laverde to see how it looks. Langford obviously in horrible form up forward. We couldn't be any worse....right?
I've always said our forward line needs more mediums.

Is he the biggest single liability in defense in the history of the AFL?

Ball in hand his brain looks like this:

homer brain GIF

Gives away free kicks constantly.

Don't think he's ever won a 1 on 1 in his life.

Is he the biggest single liability in defense in the history of the AFL?

Ball in hand his brain looks like this:

homer brain GIF

Gives away free kicks constantly.

Don't think he's ever won a 1 on 1 in his life.
Lmao of course we nearly lost the game because he gave away a dumb free kick.

And this was before he dropped a sitter then immediately gave away a free kick.

Absolute joke of a player

Lmao of course we nearly lost the game because he gave away a dumb free kick.

And this was before he dropped a sitter then immediately gave away a free kick.

Absolute joke of a player
we won mate - relax with the Laverde hate - hang shit on brad scott for making davey the sub!

i mean, it's not like McKay was a lot better and I'm pretty sure there's a salary difference which makes that a bit concerning. cox got embarrassed in a couple of contests which obviously explains why Laverde needs to hang around for a bit more because it's better for Laverde to be down there than it is Cox. it was a very rough game for all of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares if we won. That was absolutely the worst performance from a defender in the red and black that I can recall and I've been a member for 30 years.
ariel steinberg off the hook

(idk, that was the first guy I could think of. maybe those games where Sheedy burnt Kep. actually come to think of it, Kep is the rare guy for who the "failed forward, let's send him down back" tactic didn't work.)

Lmao he had 4 frees against (one 50), 6 clangers and wait for it... ZERO meters gained.

He played 91% of the game and gained 0 meters.

The next lowest on our team was Alwyn Davey who had 17 meters gained after being subbed, then Nick Bryan who had 88 meters gained and was subbed, after that it was Cox with 107 meters.

So not only did he give up crucial free kicks, he literally resulted in the ball going backwards for us more than forwards.

ariel steinberg off the hook

(idk, that was the first guy I could think of. maybe those games where Sheedy burnt Kep. actually come to think of it, Kep is the rare guy for who the "failed forward, let's send him down back" tactic didn't work.)
Zantuck was pretty special but Laverde's game today was pretty ordinary. Injuries to Ridley, Baldwin and Reid have been kind to him.

Who cares if we won. That was absolutely the worst performance from a defender in the red and black that I can recall and I've been a member for 30 years.
I've been a member for 31 years, so my dick is bigger

Lmao he had 4 frees against (one 50), 6 clangers and wait for it... ZERO meters gained.

He played 91% of the game and gained 0 meters.

The next lowest on our team was Alwyn Davey who had 17 meters gained after being subbed, then Nick Bryan who had 88 meters gained and was subbed, after that it was Cox with 107 meters.

So not only did he give up crucial free kicks, he literally resulted in the ball going backwards for us more than forwards.

I saw this comment on Reddit and came to post the exact same thing lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back