AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had told me he’d be our full back and one of the better defenders going around, signing a 3 year deal, a few years ago

I would have been very confused.

Ecstatic with this news

Great news! Means he'll still be restricted then (assuming he's in the top 25% of wage earners on the list)

Will be interesting to see how his career evolves over what is essentially the next 4 years.

I feel there is another twist in this story. Not sure what but I don't see him playing as a key defender by 2024.

Will be interesting to see how his career evolves over what is essentially the next 4 years.

I feel there is another twist in this story. Not sure what but I don't see him playing as a key defender by 2024.
Half back flank :thumbsu:

Amazing how he can finally get his body right and pan out but pan out to be something completely different than what we anticipated.

I love him to pieces, fair old chance he captains the club one day IMO.

Very pleased for Jayden. He must of been close to getting his papers stamped a couple of years ago since he couldn't stay on the field.
Again, very pleased for him.

Quite surprised this guy is listed at 193cm. Could've sworn in his draft year he was listed around 189cm.
Gives me hope Ben Hobbs might still grow a cm or 2. Get him to that 185/6cm mark. 😛

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 7 genuine KPP's line up in the VFL today.
They’re not ready that’s why they’re in the seconds. Where were you last season when he was having a good year? Name the seven who should be picked in front of him?

They’re not ready that’s why they’re in the seconds. Where were you last season when he was having a good year? Name the seven who should be picked in front of him?
I was saying that he was having a good year. I'm not saying he should be dropped, I'm saying he shouldn't have to play on genuine talls like Taberner. I've been talking about it since last year too.

I was saying that he was having a good year. I'm not saying he should be dropped, I'm saying he shouldn't have to play on genuine talls like Taberner. I've been talking about it since last year too.
Maybe but you were implying we had options in seconds but they conceded 20+ goals and certainly no one in defence stood out. Just got to be patient with the younger talls. If Zerk took Taberner today then Freo would’ve gone to Lobb who’s too tall for Laverde

Maybe but you were implying we had options in seconds but they conceded 20+ goals and certainly no one in defence stood out. Just got to be patient with the younger talls. If Zerk took Taberner today then Freo would’ve gone to Lobb who’s too tall for Laverde

Our defenders contested defensive ability isn’t the main reason we are conceding big scores.

We are close to the worst team in the comp at defending the ground when the opposition have the ball.

That bs I think. Laverde 193, Ridley is 195, zerk 195 and lobb 197. So ridley could have moved onto lobb if laverde truly was to small. We had a player kick 7 and didnt back zerk or ridley to make any difference. Zerk to taberner, ridley to lobb? laverder intercept play on the meduim. If zerk isnt rated to make the change I think we cut out losses and play reid for rest of the year. Did enough in the VFL to show signs of his class and maybe be the key defender we lack.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back