AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the egg? Did we get that to 100 or did he take it with him?
I think Cox has been protecting the egg :openmouth:

And a few others got in before me but I do not care.

How tall is barrass, how tall is Tom mccartin, how tall is Steven May,how tall is Wilkie. Absolute cop out about laverde’s height.

Laverde was drafted as a high marking, running medium forward flanker, not a full back. He wasn’t tall enough to be a proper key position forward, moving into the back line hasn’t made him any taller.

He bulked up to make his body more resistant to injury and to be able to handle bigs better but he’s still not a key position player as much as we have decided he is.

Laverde was drafted as a high marking, running medium forward flanker, not a full back. He wasn’t tall enough to be a proper key position forward, moving into the back line hasn’t made him any taller.

He bulked up to make his body more resistant to injury and to be able to handle bigs better but he’s still not a key position player as much as we have decided he is.
So what do we call a defender who can't play on smalls, mediums or talls?

Sounds like a set-up to a joke I don't have a punchline for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I would argue he could play on mediums if he actually played on the mediums.

Like, he has actually done good jobs when we’ve given him suitable match ups in his weight division, but if we’re going to continue to go with the undersized defence and him playing on bigger opponents and not pressuring the ball carrier I don’t see the point anymore.

Well I would argue he could play on mediums if he actually played on the mediums.

Like, he has actually done good jobs when we’ve given him suitable match ups in his weight division, but if we’re going to continue to go with the undersized defence and him playing on bigger opponents and not pressuring the ball carrier I don’t see the point anymore.
Mate he got towelled up by Darcy Fogarty - the absolute prototype strong medium fwd that Laverde is built for. It's a myth that he's unfairly maligned by being forced to play out of his division; he actually gets beaten by players of every size and shape.

Mate he got towelled up by Darcy Fogarty - the absolute prototype strong medium fwd that Laverde is built for. It's a myth that he's unfairly maligned by being forced to play out of his division; he actually gets beaten by players of every size and shape.

I wouldn’t necessarily be singling out the game where we conceded 9 goals in 13 minutes as any kind of conclusive proof of anything, plus Fogarty is a genuine key forward irrespective of height, same with Caddy.

Laverde is outclassed in that weight division and should be going to the Hayward/Owens/Callum Brown/Zurhaar/Dangerfield and Martin resting forward types. That much is obvious to me but we don’t use him in that way.

It's because he's so slow and has 0 defensive craft that anyone his size can either outmaneuver him or just outrun him on a lead

Has he ever played forward, for us?
Horrible set shot kick for goal. I’d be a better option at 44. I wouldn’t miss from within 25-30 metres… I wouldn’t run to get the ball but that’s not a requisite is it?

Do jumpers come in XXL?

Jayden :p

I wouldn’t necessarily be singling out the game where we conceded 9 goals in 13 minutes as any kind of conclusive proof of anything, plus Fogarty is a genuine key forward irrespective of height, same with Caddy.

Laverde is outclassed in that weight division and should be going to the Hayward/Owens/Callum Brown/Zurhaar/Dangerfield and Martin resting forward types. That much is obvious to me but we don’t use him in that way.
If the only players he can supposedly defend are midfielders who rest fwd then he doesn't deserve to be on a list

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back