AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst this is true, we refuse to address it. It’s been the case for years, and will in all likelihood be the case again next year. We need to actually do something about it
We needed to have done something about it before Michael Hurley and Cale Hooker retired.
We've since tried to address it with Baldwin, Reid and McKay, and now Hayes, but the gap has been stark and caused a lot of problems. That's why Dodoro needed to f*** right off.

Disappointed we didn't get games into hayes and or more games into Cox as key position defender and laverde spend some more time in the ws.

Should be a great depth player but used as a automatic selection this year.

Gives good effort and hard at it bit a bit undersized and decision making and skill errors hurt.
This is a great reason for him to play VFL. He does encourage and push his team mates. Would be good to have around the young guys.

Dons make call on Jayden Laverde

Jayden Laverde has also attracted some rival interest from multiple Victorian clubs about a potential move.

Laverde remains contracted at Essendon for next season but could consider his options if he feels his spot in the senior side will be taken by injury-prone youngster Zach Reid alongside Ben McKay and Jordan Ridley for next season.

Laverde, 28, is a required player at the Bombers after managing 21 matches this season, following Brendon Zerk-Thatcher’s move to Port Adelaide last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im open to moving him on…..but the disrespect here for a bloke who has deadset broken himself playing for our club astounds me.
Well said

If he needs a lift to his new club I'll happily put the heater or aircon on depending on his preference, as a say of thanks.

I say keep him and move him forward, the position he was drafted as to play.

I thought he showed promise as a forward early days but his body continually let him down.

He's one of the few who cracks in and how many would have lost all confidence after the beatings he's taken and dropped their bundle?

There's a reason a few clubs are interested and it's not to play him down back !!

I'd be getting rid of a few others before him, namely Kelly, Cox, Davey x 2, Weideman and Gresham.

Is definitely a play from him and his management to secure another year or 2 from the club.

No one in the market would want this hack - plenty better going around in the VFL/WAFL/SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back