Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

miss u come back GIF

When the new coach takes over I hope there's a complete overhaul with gameplan and new positions for a few players like Gibcus up forward. To me it's a massive oversight that Shorty isn't a winger as I reckon he could be an all time great. Would love to see Short and Banks on the wings with emphasis on long and accurate kicking.

As Short's proven time and time again he's lethal having shots 50-60m out and even better getting a quick handball receive from someone who's marked and about to take a shot. He can run all day, always finds the pill, breaks the lines and great bouncer at full pace. He has the ability to pull off the kicks that clears the Lever, Moore, May type interceptor. Getting back to those beautiful 50-60m goals he nails. As a winger he'd be able to have 4 or 5 pings a week and potentially kick 50 goals a season making him the most unique attacking weapon in the history of the game.

As a HBF he might occasionally find himself in the position to have a crack but where does that leave his direct opponent anyway? Would carve us up on the turnover. Considering our wings have been junk for a long time and Brown can play HBF. Would love to see the new (non McQualter) senior coach mix things up.

When the new coach takes over I hope there's a complete overhaul with gameplan and new positions for a few players like Gibcus up forward. To me it's a massive oversight that Shorty isn't a winger as I reckon he could be an all time great. Would love to see Short and Banks on the wings with emphasis on long and accurate kicking.

As Short's proven time and time again he's lethal having shots 50-60m out and even better getting a quick handball receive from someone who's marked and about to take a shot. He can run all day, always finds the pill, breaks the lines and great bouncer at full pace. He has the ability to pull off the kicks that clears the Lever, Moore, May type interceptor. Getting back to those beautiful 50-60m goals he nails. As a winger he'd be able to have 4 or 5 pings a week and potentially kick 50 goals a season making him the most unique attacking weapon in the history of the game.

As a HBF he might occasionally find himself in the position to have a crack but where does that leave his direct opponent anyway? Would carve us up on the turnover. Considering our wings have been junk for a long time and Brown can play HBF. Would love to see the new (non McQualter) senior coach mix things up.
50 goals a season from the wing is a tad ambitious lol.

I like the idea of playing him up the ground though. He could utilise his attacking weapons forward of centre more.

giphy.gif

He may kick 50 goals a season, but what are his defensive attributes..... so says the Match Committee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back