Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think Grima is the better defender, I am just really worried about Grima's ability to run out a season.
Agreed, but Luke is starting to show a bit. I hope we can keep him.

Grima showed yesterday how much better then Delaney he is.

Delaney was inches away from having his pants pulled down by a kid. Grima was as solid as he always is.

Who out of Roughy/Hale or Franklin would posters feel comfortable with Keys lining up against on Saturday?

Grima showed yesterday how much better then Delaney he is.

Delaney was inches away from having his pants pulled down by a kid. Grima was as solid as he always is.

Who out of Roughy/Hale or Franklin would posters feel comfortable with Keys lining up against on Saturday?
Yes true but but he also highlighted the fact he is suspect to injury more so than Keys. just saying:)

Yes true but but he also highlighted the fact he is suspect to injury more so than Keys. just saying:)

Yeah agree with you about Gimas injuries being an issue, just don't think Keys is the answer. He tries his heart out and is aggressive but gets beaten one on one too often. Teams will want to isolate him and go through his man. He is good enough when there is a good match up for him but can get turned inside out by the more agile forwards.
I don't mean to come across as a hater because I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I don't see it.

We need another replacement for Grima and I reckon it's what they've been grooming Kennedy for.

Yeah agree with you about Gimas injuries being an issue, just don't think Keys is the answer. He tries his heart out and is aggressive but gets beaten one on one too often. Teams will want to isolate him and go through his man. He is good enough when there is a good match up for him but can get turned inside out by the more agile forwards.
I don't mean to come across as a hater because I'd love for him to prove me wrong but I don't see it.

We need another replacement for Grima and I reckon it's what they've been grooming Kennedy for.
Pykie reckons his gone!!

I just watched that interview with.......Grima. He is a very popular player amongst the group, if both parties can agree he will stay.
The ideal scenario would be to keep both of them, car keys and narni, narni probably doesn't have long left and will most likely play closer to half a season than a full one. If we can convince both to stay I'll be elated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so if you get beat once on your way to 60 games, your out, traded to club with the biggest bag of jellybeans, sensational way to look after list management.
mate, he hasn't been beaten once in his career. last season it was a regular occurence and last season he was a liability. especially with the ball in hand.
he has been ok since coming back into the team. certainly nothing beyond that. really don't think he's up to it.
I wish he was but I don't think so. doesn't have a defining quality as a defender and seems below average in all key facets.

mate, he hasn't been beaten once in his career. last season it was a regular occurence and last season he was a liability. especially with the ball in hand.
he has been ok since coming back into the team. certainly nothing beyond that. really don't think he's up to it.
I wish he was but I don't think so. doesn't have a defining quality as a defender and seems below average in all key facets.

as a f...wit said once
time will tell.

I think Delaney is a better player than Zac Dawson........there must be something there.

Setting the bar a bit to high there aren't you?

i think if we lost Grima, C Delaney can be groomed to take his spot.

if we lost L Delaney, I cant see C Delaney filling out and being able to play on the gorillas like L Delaney can.

Thus, I think Grima can be replaced, but L Delaney cannot.

I would trade Grima before L Delaney. It would open up a spot in the senior side for C Delaney to replace Grima....

if we lost L Delaney, I cant see C Delaney filling out and being able to play on the gorillas like L Delaney can.

I would trade Grima before L Delaney. It would open up a spot in the senior side for C Delaney to replace Grima....

To all of the people who want to trade him.

Watch this video over and over and over again until you realise that football is only a part of what it takes to build a list.

When every player streams from every part of the ground to get around a bloke, its shows you how much he's loved. You remove him and its gonna hurt.

Narni is a heart and soul type bloke.

As long as he is fit enough to play his role and his performances are up to scratch, I reckon he should be kept on. He has been pretty good this year and when fit is still one of the best spoilers in the comp.

I agree with this but I still think we can and should keep both of them.
If cam Joyce and others involved in our list management can convince both grima and keys to stay then like i said earlier i'll be ecstatic and joyce would deserve a pay rise, would allow us not to have to worry about our defence for awhile

They will play hard ball, and as they should. He is only worth giving away if we get something fairly decent, otherwise what is the point, he is a great depth defender.
He'll be far more than a depth defender in the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back