Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

He is not a gun fullback. He has been serviceable this year but he has had some severe flaws to work on.

He hasn't deserved the opportunities of Hansen and if Hansen was coming out of contract this year he would be receiving great interest and it would be from more than scrub teams like GWS.

Give me an honest answer, what has Lachlan Hansen done to you? Don't tell me it's only about football because its not. Only an obsessed moron could talk down a 30 disposal 15 mark game like it was nothing.

You seriously need help.

Hansen is not a gun defender either, he actually does very little defending or tackling and when forced to go one-on-one he struggles big time. He is an effective "loose man in defence" nothing more, but I feel many players could do an equally good job imho, he is nothing special in my eyes....definately trade bait for the right deal if it could win us a flag....open your eyes DR and think outside the square;)

What conclusion? That he is prone to brain farts and that he has improved in that area somewhat?

Is he, perhaps he had one or 2 and you have now pigeon-holed him into that description, I remember when Cunners started he was a deer in the headlights always stuffing with up his disposal or getting caught with the ball. Give me a break....

That's actually reasonable. I sincerely hope we keep Lamb but if we did chase Delaney we'd have to give up a player who's in a similar position at his club and Lamb fits that description although he's edging close to being best 22 on a regular basis.

I read that he's pretty one dimensional for a defender. How true is this?

He used to be a player I dreaded if he picked up the ball but he has improved his ball skills and decision making out of sight, both at VFL level and in the AFL. I am not sure you need a full back to be super creative, if he can spoil gather and accurately distribute it to a half back then I think in general you are happy with that. We still have Essendon, Hawks and Pies to go so will get to see how he goes against a few more teams, I think with our midfield injuries of late he will probably get more of an opportunity to show his defensive wares.

need to keep delaney, good young ready made kpd who is entering his prime.
Good to hear we have at least put an offer to him to stay, i think having his brother here will ensure he re-signs with us again
**** reading this thread (only the first page) is painful.
delaney is horrible on or near the ball, doesn't read the game and for his size is a poor body to body defender. he's a liability. i hope he does leave.

**** reading this thread (only the first page) is painful.
delaney is horrible on or near the ball, doesn't read the game and for his size is a poor body to body defender. he's a liability. i hope he does leave.

Reading anything you write is painful.

thanks. doesn't change the fact I'm right though. he's 24 and is scared of getting the football and when he gets it you can see why. he won't be a part of any success at our club. time to face up to facts as 'painful' as that might be.

Hansen is not a gun defender either, he actually does very little defending or tackling and when forced to go one-on-one he struggles big time. He is an effective "loose man in defence" nothing more, but I feel many players could do an equally good job imho, he is nothing special in my eyes....definately trade bait for the right deal if it could win us a flag....open your eyes DR and think outside the square;)

He defends by taking a shit tin of intercept marks.

Outside the square says Hansen is a better player than Delaney and it also says you are a deluded, obsessed clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apollo's one of the best posters on the site tbh, he says it as it is, always has, you don't have to agree with his opinion though.

Jack, seriously wrong on this occasion, it isn't possible to be sitting third on the AFL list 'for marks taken' and be a no one special. 294 disposals as well. No wonder we over looked Selwood.

Hansen has taken off.

Jack, seriously wrong on this occasion, it isn't possible to be sitting third on the AFL list 'for marks taken' and be a no one special. 294 disposals as well. No wonder we over looked Selwood.

Hansen has taken off.

He'd be #1 if he played all season down back.

He is reading the play so well and showing great courage. How many times did you see Hansen get in front of Essendon's leading forwards today. That takes balls.

I wish Grima didn't get hurt as often as he does, he is a great bloke and when not restricted by injury is a very good defender. I still think we can keep both, however, we might have to consider giving Keys more of a go.

Hey, what happened to your Milky avatar?

Needed a change. What you can't see is a screen shot of the game vs St Kilda. The score was 61 to 6 I believe.

Do you remember those old hand held Nintendo games before the game boy, like Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. You used to clock them at 999.

If Lachie's confidence was a Nintendo game it would have been clocked about 4 times over.

I've had a few so don't judge me. I don't normally drink but I went to a fund raising trivia night and after the result today I thought I'd enjoy myself.

Was average today. Daniher should have kicked 3 goals on him. Misjudged the flight of the ball a couple of times and was way behind daniher on the one on ones.

Geez I thought he was ok again. Daniher may be a kid but he has enormous talent and does stand as high as a light tower. I thought Keys competed well, helped others by spoiling in pack situations and generally assisted with the backline's functioning as a unit in Scooter's absence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back